Impromptu Cups

Sep 24, 2007
Hi guys... I'm just getting into the cups and balls and was wondering....

as i am just starting to explore this area of magic, i have not yet purchased a set of cups. do you have any recommendations? I was wondering if the brass penguin taple hopping cups were any good.

Also... during the time i do not have cups, i will ask this question: what common household cups are the best for performing the cups and balls? Paper cups? Coffee mugs? Tea cups?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
-Chicken

Sep 25, 2007
if you are just starting and REALLY want a brass set, I would start with the morrissey cups set. They will run you no more than 40 bucks. If you want to up grade later then magic makers make a good set like the hard to find paul fox cups for about 90. Before you get a set any cups will work as long as its not a stacking routine. If you want a lot more info just PM me and I would be more than happy to help you on your way.

Sep 25, 2007
I also just bought my first set of cups and balls, and the set I bought is very good. Here's a link:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/specialorderproduct.php?ID=2481

They're only $17.50, and they're not half bad. Maybe not the best on the market, but they get the job done. They come with two regular cups, and a chop cup. Have fun!

PS
The best cups to perform with around the house are red picnic cups. :)

not a bad set at all for the price. the only thing I would say is, its of my personal opinion that a first set should not have a chop combo... learn the basics and decide where you want to go. Just me though

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results