Impromptu Magic Trick

any impromto magic trick

say your handed
a rope, a deck of cards, a coin, a few coins, a bottle cap, a bell, or a boutton.
And your asked to do a magic trick, film what you would do...
Rules

-No stooges (Not imrpomto obviously)
-3 min video limit
-any time limit to upload a video

things to vote on
-reaction
-performance of slight
-Recovery

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I would if the rules were changed a little maybe, but I can't perform for spectators since I only have a fixed webcam which offers bad angles, so I can only perform for camera? I can do an impromptu battle though..

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Yeah no longer than 3 man, if that's cool with you - sorry for not making that clearer. I haven't decided yet but I think I know what I'm shooting - it'll be based closely on your original idea, you're somewhere with friends and someone asks you to do a trick using something they have :) Good luck!

Alright sweetness man,
good luck to you to!
you will need it!
HAH jkjkjkjk I hate it when people do that, Ill probably need it lol...

oh yeah can we use like pre maid stuff?
I mean like the closer by morgan strebler ok?
because I always carry a you know what with me, if its not thats cool to :D

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I don't know what the exact gimmick is - but yeah, as long as you can bring it into play right away and not have to set it up during the actual performance - if you have it there with you and you can perform with it immediately after the spectator gives you a coin, by all means, that's cool. :)

The effect I'm planning to use is "gimmicked" as well - though it's not really a gimmick. The item starts off completely normal and ungmmicked, and I make it gimmicked during the performance, on camera with nothing extra.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Nah, I wanted to do something different, no cards, I'm performing Dreamweaver (with safety pins), and I'm just about to put up the video now. When you put yours up, propose a new deadline for the battle (immediately), I'll accept, and we can get the voting started straight away :)

Nah, I wanted to do something different, no cards, I'm performing Dreamweaver (with safety pins), and I'm just about to put up the video now. When you put yours up, propose a new deadline for the battle (immediately), I'll accept, and we can get the voting started straight away :)

Ok well I have coin bend (Improtu) up on metacafe but it has no patter just music becuse my camera wasent working :( and I look all sad so I will make another video ASAP :D or do you think it will matter in the votes?

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I'm not sure if they'll default it to me, I'm happy to ignore the music rule, I totally understand - I don't want a default result though... If the system automatically defaults it to you, then you might have to shoot a new one - but if the default is done manually, we'll just ignore the music rule - it was only meant to encourage patter anyway, sorry about that...

EDIT: I contacted Richard re: this, I'll let you know when I get a response..

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results