Impromptu Torn and Restored Card?

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
Is there such thing as an impromptu torn and restored card effect? I mean like there is absolutley NO setup. Like somone could hand you a card and you can do it.If there is could someone please name some?

Jun 24, 2008
United States
i perform Reincardnation..even though (as stated above) you cannot repair the last peice...theres ways around it, and i still get huge reactions, its a good one

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Jay Sankey has a torn and restored effect which relies on a simple colour change to affect the restoration. I tweaked this and added a subtlety i felt was missing from the visual aspect of the original and now it's quite the nice little attention grabber!

CL

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
The fact that you need to carry 'what-you-need-to-do-torn' around with you would indicate that it's not an impromptu thing. Sure you could do the prep on the fly, but again, prep takes it from 'impropmtu' to 'seemingly impromptu'. I am a huge fan of both sub-categories, and have wrote on the subject, so this opinion isn't an impulse thing, it's my overall thoughts on the subject.

CL

Jan 6, 2009
Personally, I prefer REF4M to reinCARDnation, since even in maker's performance, I find the latter to be kind of obvious to spectators. I have had audience members, even young ones, figure it out, simply because the moves involve covering the cards at a time that draws attention to what's actually going on. REF4M also involves a tear up at the end, and the tearing process is a bit weird, but it's much cleaner, and there's no obvious moves.

Aug 16, 2011
Reuben Moreland has been catching the eye of top industry pros from a young age. His award-winning competition act has brought him all over the world. In his DVD debut, Reuben shares a close-up miracle that he’s been honing for years.

Fourfit is a stunning piece-by-piece restoration of a torn playing card based on an original concept by Max Cron. Each restoration is more magical than the last, with the pieces simply fusing together with a light touch. You can use a regular, borrowed deck of cards and the card can be shown on both sides after each piece is restored. The reassembled card can even be handed out as a souvenir! Reuben teaches Fourfit in extreme detail, and even provides additional handlings and tips so you can customize the routine.

Find out why close-up masters everywhere are hailing Fourfit as one of the best torn and restored card effects to come along in years!

-Approx 50 minutes
-Use a borrowed deck
-Easy-to-do
-No sticky stuff
-No magnets
-Show both sides after each restoration
-Restored card is examinable
-Multiple handlings taught
-Can be signed
-Customize your routine

I saw this on the blue crown, and I'm pretty sure it's impromptu, since it states that you can use a borrowed deck. Also, today on the blue crown, they have a cyber monday sale, so you can get it for under 10 bucks. http://thebluecrown.com/magic-tricks/fourfit.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 17, 2012
I saw this on the blue crown, and I'm pretty sure it's impromptu, since it states that you can use a borrowed deck. Also, today on the blue crown, they have a cyber monday sale, so you can get it for under 10 bucks. http://thebluecrown.com/magic-tricks/fourfit.html

It's pretty bad... it requires a setup, though no need for dupes, it's very angly and the card can't be handed out without a switch... I defiantly prefer torn.

Aug 16, 2011
It's pretty bad... it requires a setup, though no need for dupes, it's very angly and the card can't be handed out without a switch... I defiantly prefer torn.

Sorry, I didn't know. I haven't purchased the effect, I just saw it and thought it might be helpful to the OP since it states that you can use a borrowed deck, I thought it would have been impromptu. Good to know for the future though that it isn't, thanks.

May 30, 2017
Here's an impromptu Torn and Restored that requires no double, no dupes, no two-sided tape. Just a random deck and the ability to do a good double lift (multiple times). I would like to know who the original artist is, but Jay didn't cite one, nor brag that he "invented" the trick like he always suggests. Any clue?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results