Impromptu

Sep 1, 2007
hey guys i dont now about you but i like to carry the magician persona with me everywhere i go. all my friends know me as a magician and always ask to see a trick every time i enter the room. bieng laymen a simple two card monte always seems to blow them away as of lately i have gotten board of doing the common impromptu tricks like biddle and ACR dont get me wrong they are great and everyone loves them but friends will get tired of seeing them i was wondering if you guys know of any books or dvds that offer nothing but impromptu or minimal set up tricks that still hit hard

Anything Wayne Houchin (except Distortion involves a gimmick), also check out Daniel Garcias Nacho Mama Triumph, very little set-up and is KILLER, I'm currently practicing right now, it's on his Daniel Garcia projects, along with other great effects which are perfect in which you described you needed.

-RA69

LukeDancy

theory11 artist + consultant, Criss Angel MindFrea
Sep 18, 2007
Las Vegas
The funny thing is that none of this stuff is really impromptu. The fact that you're carrying around a deck of cards means that you are going out prepared. The true meaning of impromptu would be using objects at your disposal.

If you're going to take the time to bring a deck of cards with you then you might as well go all out and be prepared to kick their ass in a major way.

l u k e

Sep 2, 2007
The funny thing is that none of this stuff is really impromptu. The fact that you're carrying around a deck of cards means that you are going out prepared. The true meaning of impromptu would be using objects at your disposal.

If you're going to take the time to bring a deck of cards with you then you might as well go all out and be prepared to kick their ass in a major way.

An impromptu effect does not necessarily have to be one for which one is not prepared -- because it would be nearly impossible to perform magic without it. Consider an effect like levitation, if one wants, that cannot be considered imprompto unless one has never performed or practiced it before.

Impromptu means given with little time for preparation -- it does not mean given with no time for preparation.

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 24, 2007
the trilogy has a few tricks that are super effective but need no setup what so ever, tivo 2.0 a personal favourate

Sep 1, 2007
Amsterdam
i always have 1 odd coloured card on the bottom of my deck, if i dont need it i just leave it out in the box, if i do i take it out and nobody sees it and it offers quite some variation to the effects i can do. u can also carry a double backer for that matter.

My definition of impromptu is simply when someone walks up to you and u are ready to perform. some gimmick or prep here and there are fine as long as u dont need to set it up during the performance is good enough.

Sep 1, 2007
thanks guys for all of the suggestions i jecked out the FASDIU lecture notes and immediatly ordered them

Sep 29, 2007
Anything Wayne Houchin (except Distortion involves a gimmick), also check out Daniel Garcias Nacho Mama Triumph, very little set-up and is KILLER, I'm currently practicing right now, it's on his Daniel Garcia projects, along with other great effects which are perfect in which you described you needed.

-RA69

where can you buy this one, I've been looking for it everywhere...what about where Daniel Garcia puts the 2 cards together and then rips them back into 2 cards again

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results