In Half by Andrew Mayne

Jan 16, 2010
Here is a review of In Half by Andrew Mayne.
It's been awhile since I posted a review or anything on T11 so forgive me if I do not use a typical format. I noticed that no one had posted a review so I thought I would do so. Only to help out the community.

Effect: You cut yourself in half in front of a stage audience.

Teaching: The teaching is not as thorough as it could be but it gets the job done. It could have been done better but I do not see that as a show stopper. You will be able to learn it well regardless.

Actual Effect: In our world, it actually does what it saids it does. Of course the advertisement saids you could create it in under and hour and perform it right away and that is true under the best conditions but when are we ever in the best conditions? I say give yourself 3-4 hours and a few days of practice to perform it. After you learn the specs then you can build it in under an hour.

Cost: The dvd is very well priced. They also claim that you can build it in under $60. Again, best conditions rule. If you don't always find yourself in the best conditions, you can expect to spend around $100-$200. I think I spent somewhere in the middle for it.

Performance: Okay, I waited to actually perform this before I wrote a review that way I can give a full review. I performed this for a wedding. I totally bombed. It was terrible. The dvd says that you can fold it flat and bring it to location. I would not recommend it, if possible, build it on site. AT ALL COST. When you break it down things tend to break or fall apart. BUILD IT ON SITE. Because I broke down the box, when I rebuilt it, there were issues at the last minute. My door fell apart and i had to rebuild that part in front of everyone. SOOOOOOOOOOO BAD. DO NOT MAKE MY MISTAKE. I urge everyone to build it on site.

OVERALL: An excellent effect. Top of the line and I think it is way worth the price as long as you do it right. GET IT!

My thoughts: I botched this effect up. PRACTICE IT OVER AND OVER AT HOME. Here is how I screwed up, I didn't practice it enough to know not to put too much pressure at one spot. I put too much pressure the box and a certain part broke and exposed too much. Don't make the same mistake, if I did not do that, it would have killed. The expression on the people's face.............if only I did not screw up......... I hope this helps.

If anyone has any more detailed questions, e-mail me instead because I do not check this place anymore.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results