In the workings

Mar 20, 2008
Indiana
Not your average guy!

Hello everyone,

I am always trying to create magic where ever I go and always have a notepad on me to write my ideas down. Well, after awhile I have been going over the ideas and turning them into some real workers. These ideas have been tested and almost perfected. I have came up with some of the craziest ideas using dirt, leaves, and other items people really wouldn't think of using for magic. I am now starting to write a book (in PDF format) and I am wondering what you guys think. I am no Paul Harris but I do have the same last name so that must count for something. So, my question is, how do I go about seeing if my "ideas" are already taken and used by other magicians. I have done research but didn't really find much. I don't want to step on anyones toes by releasing this and finding out that other people already created these effects. For security purposes I am not going to post what the ideas are on here, but if you might be interested feel free to PM me and I will share some of my ideas...Thanks for taking the time to listen to me ramble. Take care everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha, so thats where you've been hiding. I knew Paul Harris was right under our noses. j/k. But yeah I would like to talk with you on those ideas, as I have been working with stuff like that. I have a big tablet, with full of ideas as I plan on using these ideas as well. But I see you are definately on to something.

PM me asap!!!!

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Hello everyone,

I am always trying to create magic where ever I go and always have a notepad on me to write my ideas down. Well, after awhile I have been going over the ideas and turning them into some real workers. These ideas have been tested and almost perfected. I have came up with some of the craziest ideas using dirt, leaves, and other items people really wouldn't think of using for magic. I am now starting to write a book (in PDF format) and I am wondering what you guys think. I am no Paul Harris but I do have the same last name so that must count for something. So, my question is, how do I go about seeing if my "ideas" are already taken and used by other magicians. I have done research but didn't really find much. I don't want to step on anyones toes by releasing this and finding out that other people already created these effects. For security purposes I am not going to post what the ideas are on here, but if you might be interested feel free to PM me and I will share some of my ideas...Thanks for taking the time to listen to me ramble. Take care everyone!

Ok, so essentially you're asking for help with research correct?

I hope my fellow members will forgive me for saying so, but very few members here have the knowledge to help you in any significant way. What you need to do is to find and contact those who are REALLY knowledgeable in this area - people like Brad Henderson, for example, who know their stuff. See if you can get a hold of some of the T11 crew. Ask the people who have been in magic for decades, the ones who grew up with and studied with the legends. Even then, you will be discovering.

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
Ok, so essentially you're asking for help with research correct?

I hope my fellow members will forgive me for saying so, but very few members here have the knowledge to help you in any significant way. What you need to do is to find and contact those who are REALLY knowledgeable in this area - people like Brad Henderson, for example, who know their stuff. See if you can get a hold of some of the T11 crew. Ask the people who have been in magic for decades, the ones who grew up with and studied with the legends. Even then, you will be discovering.

You beat me to it Prae. Isn't Brad on some kind of tour or something?

You could always try and ask Jason England. He is one of the most knowledgable people on magic and it's history in the world!

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
You beat me to it Prae. Isn't Brad on some kind of tour or something?

You could always try and ask Jason England. He is one of the most knowledgable people on magic and it's history in the world!

He is, but he pops in from time to time I believe. He may be more inclined to do so if he receives an email. There are many other suitable people to ask - just not many are here. I'm currently in the process of emailing three extremely knowledgable and experienced mentalists with questions beyond my limited understanding...

Mar 20, 2008
Indiana
Thanks guys! I know I have ALOT of work ahead of me. So far I have narrowed down my list to about 8-10 effects that I think are going great and pretty easy to perform. I like to perform improptu effects the most, but alot of these will require a special something usually found around the house or office. There will be something in this book for everyone. I hope you don't think this is just another kid trying to hype something up that never will be. Just for the record, I have kids that are prolly around some of your ages. I haven't really posted much on these forums but now that I have my mind set on what is going to happen, I have a feeling I will be more active on these sites. Take care everyone and again thanks for your help. I will keep you posted.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results