INSANE by Andy Nyman

Oct 23, 2011
Hello forum !

Is it just me , or do i feel like INSANE need a second phase ? don't get me wrong , i love the effect really . But i just think it's missing like a 'kicker ending' feeling or something . Anyway , it's a nice effect !

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
Insane is fine how it is, the strength of the effect is the build up that you can predict seemingly unpredictable events. If you wanted to you could add a blank deck. Ultimately it would not change anything in the overall effect it could strengthen this idea.

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
I don't have insane, nor would I ever buy the effect. I do have a lot of Andy Nymans work and have a fairly good idea how it works.

To me this effect is classic Nyman in the sense that it has perfected all the little details to make the handling as clean as possible, however at the same time the effect is not as practical as the the starting point. I have 100's of ways to do this effect which are impromptu and the audience will remember them asclean as this effect.

Personally I think that $20 is a little steep for a very clean version of the open prediction.

May 18, 2008
I was insanely impressed by it. I haven't bought it yet (though I'm 100% certain I am going to) but it looks wonderful.

I definitely see what you're saying about wanting it to have a second phase, but I'm in agreement with DICER. The way that Andy builds it up, I think a second phase would weaken it. The premise of it is that it's really clean and a really open prediction; adding anything is adding confusion.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results