Insane Illusionist

010rusty

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2016
LA (Lower Alabama)
Hello, as some of you may recall over the summer I posted a Wednesday Game Night called "Reboot it!", In which I asked everyone to present their pitch for a reboot of a magic related movie or TV show. I had An idea, but never had the time to type it, because reasons. Now that I am procrastinating college scholarships, I figured "what better time??" My favorite horror movie of all time(like by far) is the semi-slasher starting Horror Movie Legend Vincent Price entitled:
THE MAD MAGICIAN
The_mad_magician.jpg
This all time classic Black and white cinema master piece tells the tale of an artist drove to sheer insanity and murder using his art as a vicious weapon. The Mad Magician Stars the prior mentioned Vincent price, as Gallico The Great. Who is an astounding stage magician and has just left his job under a magic company to become an independent artist.He sells out his show considering he is the best illusionist of his time as a result of his ingenious tricks and glorious make up work/disguises. However while performing during his debut show it is shut down, after the EVIIIIIL company claims ownership of his tricks despite him no longer working for them. They claim to own all his illusions especially his new sawing a girl's head off illusion. After returning to his crummy 9 to 5 job designing tricks for his rival, and his boss who stole his wife. He turns truly mad, finally snapping and placing his boss on the prior mentioned ground breaking saw illusion and uses it kill his boss. He quickly designs a new burned alive illusion to dispose of the body, but keeps the head, as a model, for his newest disguise. Using what he knows he continues on this murder spree of using his art to kill and then disguises himself as those he's killed to seek vengeance on all those who wronged him.

Now the obvious problem with reboots now a days is simple: WHY? Most reboots now fail at the box office and in ratings because either A)Its too different from the original B)It is too similar to the original. For a reboot to be fun it must do what the original did well, but also do something different, or else you can just watch the original. So why remake? What can be added? Let's start with a simple question: how was "the Mad Magician"?
upload_2020-1-25_22-46-9.png
Eh, as you can see it didn't review too hot. Why? The complaints were fairly simple. The illusions were complicated making it a difficult watch.
upload_2020-1-25_23-34-24.png

But the most overwhelming complaint was: It seemed like A house of wax ripoff.
upload_2020-1-25_23-36-0.png
upload_2020-1-25_23-36-26.png
House of Wax was a similar Vincent Price Movie released at a relatively similar time, and was a monster success, so successfully the bar was too high for Price's next movie, and was thus seen as a lesser cash grab, despite its potential. So how would a remake successfully solve these problems? Very simply. That's why I present:​
THE INSANE ILLUSIONIST (2020)
This remake stars Neil Patrick Harris (or Paul Raud, take your pick) playing a new sleek Galico the great. A very creative street magician very prevalent all across social media, however something seems off about him. People begin exposing his tricks trying to steal his fame, and all he's ever worked for begins crashing down. Sure enough corporate scum begin to ruin his life. His wife is gone, his honor shaking, and everything is falling apart. But unlike the old Gallico his murder's are a lot less abrupt. He uses slight of hand to do his bidding In a Now you See Me Style performance taking the confusion from the original out. Starting out with his boss who he has pick a card from deck of shuffled Black and White Monarchs(Courtesy of Theory11 and @j.bayme;)). But the audience at home can see it appears to be force on him and laced with an unknown solution. He is then told to reach in a "magic bag" Galico made appear. When he reaches in the solution contacts whatever in in the bag it causes his hand to BURST INTO FLAMES. Pretending to be panicked Galico rushes to grab The boss's water to put it out. HOWEVER sneaky Galico switches the water out for another bottle with his topit. When the boss pours this "water" on his hand the fire gets worse making Galico laugh uncontrollably.
He proceeds to do these NYSM style scenes, but these "tricks"(or murders) aren't always stated as clearly as others in fact it might take a couple watches to fully understand how Galico accomplishes these feats making it perfect for any streaming services.

So can the police successfully take down this insane Illusionist, or is the hand truly quicker than the eye?? Find out this fall when THE INSANE ILLUSIONIST hits Hulu in fall alongside 2 truths and a L-uhhh... You know what I'll save that for Wednesday. See you then.
;)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results