Instant Replay

Jun 13, 2013
Does anyone have any tips for learning this flourish by Paul Harris?
I am having trouble getting it to work right. I find it extremely hard to shoot the card from the deck especially to the other hand .

Jun 13, 2013
Here is a link to the video. I noticed one thing people are doing and that is that their hands are angled when they shoot the card from either the deck to the hand or vice versa.

Sep 10, 2017
I usually put my shooting hand higher than the receiving hand and at an angle.

The main thing I can say is, try learning to properly shoot the card before attempting to catch it. This move allows you to really control the distance and being face up/down pretty accurately. I can not tell you how you can do that, but you should try to learn where to concentrate your pressure on the card if you wanna have an effective instant replay.
At least for me, most of my time was spent on perfecting my shooting and after got comfortable with it, I started practicing aiming. I suggest you do the same

Reactions: Justin M.
Jun 13, 2013
I usually put my shooting hand higher than the receiving hand and at an angle.

The main thing I can say is, try learning to properly shoot the card before attempting to catch it. This move allows you to really control the distance and being face up/down pretty accurately. I can not tell you how you can do that, but you should try to learn where to concentrate your pressure on the card if you wanna have an effective instant replay.
At least for me, most of my time was spent on perfecting my shooting and after got comfortable with it, I started practicing aiming. I suggest you do the same

Yeah after messing with it a few times I have come to gather that you have to do that. I think this would be a nice flourish to add to my card magic. So I am considering it a basic to know. I was not aware you could change whether the card lands face up or face down. Nice!

Sep 10, 2017
Yeah after messing with it a few times I have come to gather that you have to do that. I think this would be a nice flourish to add to my card magic. So I am considering it a basic to know. I was not aware you could change whether the card lands face up or face down. Nice!
My personal favorite is a variation by kevin ho called backdrop. It is a paid product on dan and dave website called one card ep but they gave it away for free on a video called flourishes for magician on treasury of wonder channel(taught by franco pascali)
It is really similar to the original one but with a different grip. If you learn the instant replay, you can easily master that as well. Here is the link:

Jun 13, 2013
My personal favorite is a variation by kevin ho called backdrop. It is a paid product on dan and dave website called one card ep but they gave it away for free on a video called flourishes for magician on treasury of wonder channel(taught by franco pascali)
It is really similar to the original one but with a different grip. If you learn the instant replay, you can easily master that as well. Here is the link:

Is top shot based off of instant replay?

Sep 10, 2017
Is top shot based off of instant replay?
I wouldnt think so. They have different mechanisms. Honestly I think if you do the top shot right, it is magical and they would have no idea where the card came from while instant replay is a fancy way of showing your skill.
Alex pandrea has a move in his youtube channel that uses both of these. It is a variation of David Blaine simple switch. Here is the link:

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results