Intercessor - Gaetan Bloom

Sep 6, 2009
Cincinnati
Holy Sh*t. This is amazing. Really amazing. I'm very excited. Super excited. Wow. Let's get into the review. :D

Effect:
A card is selected, and a corner is torn off. NO SWITCHES. The spectator can finish tearing the corner themselves. The remainder of the card us vanished, and reappears anywhere you want. It can reappear in a ditch somewhere in Guatemala. And, of course, the corner perfectly matches. You don't have to be there. You can buy the spectator a plane ticket, and tell him the Latitude and Longitude of where to dig. (the card can reappear anywhere you want). :lol:

I've been doing card to impossible location effects for a while, and I love them. Spectators do too. This, allows the spectator to tear part of the corner themselves, and sign the corner. No switches. The card can reappear anywhere you want. You could have loaded the card there days before the performance. The intercessor allows you to tear the exact same tear every time.

This is what I call a worker's piece. It is my new closer for every situation; strolling, parties, ect. So practical, and wonderful.

The booklet that comes with it is great. It offers lots of ideas, and some of Gaetan's pet routines with the Intercessor. It offers a crazy story of something Gaetan did with it once, and some amazing ideas.

Since every Intercessor tears the same corner, that means you can tear a corner off a card, and let your spectator keep it. You can then call your friend, tell him the card, and have him tear a corner off a dupe, using his intercessor. Have him plant the card in an envelope, and mail it pretending to be anyone you want.

Or, you can just use card to impossible location effects. The virtue of this is that there are NO CORNER SWITCHES! the spectator finishes tearing the corner himself.

I have found my lover. It is the intercessor.

Seriously, you guys need to get this. You'll perform it at least 20 times a day, I guarantee. :D

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 6, 2009
Cincinnati
You can buy it at MJM magic.

And yes, it is awesome. Reactions are off the charts. I get better reactions that I would with a corner switch, because they tear it off themselves.

Sep 6, 2009
Cincinnati
Yeah, it works every time.

The beauty of it is you can have a spectator finish tearing the corner themself, and you don't ever touch it after that. However, it perfectly matches the corner of a card you've torn days ago, and planted in a location for premium astonishment.

One neat idea is to come to a location you're working at before it opens, and plant cards in different places. It's fun to experiment.

I've had so much fun with the Intercessor lately, it's really nice to finally be able to find an effect where all I have to do is sit back and watch the whole thing unfold. :D

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Kevin James uses it in some of his shows. He sells it at his lectures as well but I thought it was a bit pricey so I didn't get it. I may buy it at a later point in time because the impossibility of the corner and them tearing part of it are insane.

Hello,

I'm not entirely sure if there is a special thread to introduce ourselves but if there is I'm sorry I did not find it.

My name is Yann, I'm 33, I'm French and I dived into Magic in 1996 when I opened Mayette Magie Moderne's door for the first time.

For your information, in last year's EMC, during his 'History of the Intercessor' talk Gaëtan Bloom gave a tip on how to use the gimmick without the 'bulky moves' being done in front of the audience.

The use of the gimmick on a worldwide scale has been explored and several initiatives came to be; the notable ones being a french website with almost 100 users and a map (the service providing the maps was discontinued at one point) to locate your nearest intercessor.

A new improved 'Intercessor Club' is slowly building up.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results