Interesting Experience

Jul 28, 2009
Hey all,

This may not seem of importance or interest, but here is a small experience I encountered yesterday night that I hope you find interesting.

A friend of my dads' is a astrologer and is really into the horoscopes and all this planetary stuff, so my family and I went to his house just to learn some things about our supposed future and whatnot. I ended up showing him some magic towards the end and I figured I should show him a bit of mentalism as it strolls along with his whole vibe per se.

The really funny part is I didn't bring a deck so he had one lying around that just happened to have a sh**load of duplicates. :D I was just sitting around with the cards for a while while he was talking to my family and I very discretely loaded a card into his back pocket. :D ... again. Then I was preparing to force the corresponding duplicate. When it came time, I successfully forced the card and then preceded to guess is card using some mental and horoscope crap... but this guy was completely baffled. Then to put the icing on the cake I told him to look in his back pocket and he pulled out his card.

He just stood there for about a half hour with his hands on his head and as we were about to leave, he just looked at me and said "brilliance."

I honestly think that this experience changed the way he goes about his interesting proffesion.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Excellent story, a very good way to hook someone in is using something they're interested in. Having a base knowledge in everything is always good for presentations, especially 'on the fly' ones (even if you plan them ahead of time).

But yes, I did enjoy reading about this experience! I'm amazed at hoe you can load a card into his back pocket. I fail 80% of the times I tried to do so, haha.

I'm with you man, I can't load a back pocket to save my life. I can load front, shirt, and jacket pockets (not to mention purses and other bags) but not back pockets.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results