Interlaced Vanish is a Doozy (or Doozie?)

Sep 1, 2007
I just started practicing Paul Harris's Interlaced Vanish form AoA 1. It's a really fun effect and not too difficult, but damn, it sure takes a while to practice, and it has an annoyingly complex setup (for the version I'm planning on performing), and it can't really be done without a tabe. It's so much fun to do, though, so I really advise learning it.

If you do PH's "Illusion," it's like a harder longer (no innuendo intended) version of that, only more complicated than anyone could possible have the patience for. What's so great about it, then? Once everything's in place, it's a breeze to just show the climax. It's like hiking up a really steep peak, while fighting off mountain-lion-werewolf-eagle hybrids with your bare hands, but once you get to the top, like skiing all the way down in fresh deep smooth powder.

For anyone who doesn't know, the effect involves weaving three of the four aces into the four kings, giving the fourth ace to a spectator, then making the aces in between the kings vanish, and the spectator's card transmogrify to an indifferent card. The final stage of the effect involves cutting the deck to reveal three aces and then making the fourth ace appear, prettymuch anywhere. Fun effect.

Sep 1, 2007
What is the point of this? Backpalming an entire deck of Bee's is also a Doozy. So are interlock productions.

I guess I really need to get these AoA books.

Sep 1, 2007
Florida.
I have always liked the Interlaced plot, but I have yet to find a good "display" for it, and those of you that know the effect know what I am talking about.

Sep 1, 2007
I have always liked the Interlaced plot, but I have yet to find a good "display" for it, and those of you that know the effect know what I am talking about.

If I do know what you mean, here's what I do. Before the trick, I display the 2 jokers and set them of to the side. When I reveal the last ace, it appears betwen the jokers. If you have DGP 2, then do "Ham and Cheese," or use your own method.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results