Internal system for a flap card

Oct 10, 2022
Hi all, I'm trying to create a flap card that has the same system as a " bite out quarter " but simpler. Let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks

Oct 4, 2022
I've not handled a "bite-out" item yet (Oreo, coin or card) so I can't speak to the system. I'd appreciate a PM with an explanation of it. What I can say is that the two main systems I know of are Hondo Chen's and Blake Vogt's for flap aka acro cards. I don't know whether one of them might be simpler than a "bite-out" item's mechanism; if you PM me with the "bite-out" mechanism I can tell you whether one of the above two seems simpler to me. I should mention I'm new to this; most posters here are more experienced and can probably give better answers. Are you familiar with both Hondo and Blake's methods? Their videos are good and reasonably priced.

I've purchased Hondo's download and also materials directly from him here in Taiwan, and have made a few of his style. As to Blake's 'acro' cards, which use a completely different method, I've picked up the key material from my health care provider but haven't had time to make some with his method yet.

I assume from your post that you already know card splitting; otherwise I'd recommend Blake's splitting videos volumes 1 & 2, which I've also purchased here. His teaching style is very slow and good.

Oct 10, 2022
Hi, heres the gimmick construction. I know how to split cards, and make flap cards by Hondo. I made a prototype and it was amazing. I'm going to make a final one and share it with you. Thanks

Oct 10, 2022
I'll make a gimmick for you. Please tell me your card choice a card to a card Eg: AD to KS. or color to color. Or blank to face. Give me a few days. Thanks

Oct 4, 2022
I like the idea! You could certainly use flap card technology to move the parts, and you can use inflexible material (including string) to limit the range of motion so that the sides, top and bottom stop when they reach their natural perpendicular positions, but my questions are, what are your starting and end points (what will it begin as? Will it transform from another 3D item or a 2D item or a smaller 2D item to this presumably 3D one (and presumably without a back cover) -- all of that will help determine how you rig it), and what's the planned presentation? Do you want to do something like then actually produce tic tacs? I've not yet gotten a box to anything type gimmick and don't have any box switching or sleight of hand skills. Presumably some of the latter type of things would be needed too.

Oct 10, 2022
The performance is you come out with a card and you shake the card up and down, release the flap and boom a box of tictacs. The tic tac box will be printed out, and I will use a label from an actual tic tac box to make it look more realistic.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results