Invisible by Damien Savina

Mar 17, 2012
I planned on writing a review on this, however there was too much to type and I feel most people would rather listen than read so here is a video review (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc1CIkjhqts). If you don't feel like watching a video review, here is a written review:
1) If you didn't already know, you get an ITR and 4 routines.
i) Once you set it up, it will last until it breaks (which will happen inevitably depending on how much you practice) and basically makes all the effects impromptu. I have seen a lot of debate contrary to this and would love to debate the concept of impromptu-ness elsewhere.
2) The teaching is very clear and concise. Because you don't need to hide IT, there is little difference from spectator view and exposed view, so figuring out what is going on takes little effort.
i) Each effect is taught with 3 videos. A performance, an explanation from the spectators view with visible thread, and a performer's view explanation.
2) The main points of the video are the ring and the coin, the other effects are good, but auxiliary.
3) The Ring is awesome, and the handling is quite simple.
4) I can't say much about the Coin, as I have little interest in coin magic, therefore, all I can offer is my conjecture.
i) I do not like the gimmick.
ii) The gimmick is not included. It must be purchased elsewhere or you can make it yourself.
5) The Pen consists of 3 levitations: on the back of your hand, the front, and making it stand erect on your palm.
i)The first 2 are simple and can be learned in less than 5 minutes. The third one takes some practice.
6) There are 3 haunted deck routines.
i) The first one is simple; with a good background in card magic it can be learned and incorporated into many routines very quickly.
ii) The second handling is superfluously more difficult than the first. The only reason to learn it is to do the third handling.
iii) The last handling allows you to make a card shoot out of the deck by waving your hand over it, as opposed to a card slowly coming out of the deck.
Thats basically it. This is a great dvd to get into ITRs as the teaching is simple and concise. The effects are also quite simple, but very visual. For those who already use ITRs, buy this if you really want to know how to do the Ring or the Coin, the other effects are trivial and simple to figure out (for magicians who use ITRs not lay-people).

-E

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results