Invisible Deck Brainstorm

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
So, the invisible deck is like the greatest trick ever right? Even if you don't think it is I'd love to hear your thoughts. What is the most interactive/immersive way you could do it?

I've been really into immersive magic latley and have been trying to make my magic much bigger. I'd love to hear your thoughts, I'll post some ideas below but I really want to get unfettered here while staying somewhat practical.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
An EPIC Walk - Basically, you take someone on a walk through the park, your yard, or somewhere else. You talk about how you want to try something with them that has to do with an article you have been reading on mind control. You explain that certain people are naturally drawn to certain objects and that on this walk you have hidden 52 cards in different places, some are visible some are not. You hand them the invisible deck to hold then during your walk you point out some of the cards that you have hidden. They freely chose one, then they swap it with another one down the line. You keep walking until you arrive at the destination. You have a grin on your face and excited that it worked! You then open up the prediction deck and their selected card has been reversed.

The amount of prep this takes is what makes it feel so special. Of course, you could do this with cards in books, or in your movie collection. You could hide single cards all over your yard or even your bedroom or office. The idea is to get the participant moving through the space and making their selection more than just a card, give it meaning with the objects you hide it in.

An Eye for Defects - You start off by mentioning that Bicycle has a promise that they'll give you a free deck of cards if you find a defect in any of their cards. You then say that you are really good at finding defect decks of cards at the store, so good that you can pinpoint which card will be defective. Next, go to Walmart or another store with a lot of decks of cards. Have your friend name a card and say that you'll find a deck with that defective card in it. They then start going through the decks as you direct them. They come to one deck and you say, "That's the one! There's a defective (whatever card they named) in that deck". You never come near the deck, they pay for it and in the parking lot you open it up to show that the card they named has been reversed.

So, with this one you have to go to Walmart earlier in the day buy a deck of cards and don't open it. Take it home (or do this in your car) and carefully open it from the bottom. Swap out the deck for an invisible deck and glue the box shut again. Then go back to Walmart and put this deck back on the shelf, make a discreet marking on the box so that you can find it again. Then, later in the day direct your friend to that deck an perform the trick!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results