Invisible Deck longevity

Oct 14, 2009
I bought my first Invisible Deck one year ago and it was poorly made. Without exposing too much, the deck really wasn't r***h at all. So, I just ordered T11's Invisible Deck and DVD and wanted to know what you guys thought about the deck itself, and if it seems long lasting and of good quality.

Thank you!

timsilva

Elite Member
Nov 18, 2007
California
timsilva.com
I don't ever keep them in my pocket if they will get hot and warp out of shape. If I do want to brink my invisible deck with me I'll keep it in a Porper Card Clip.

Invisible Decks can last years if you keep them in room temperature environments and if you don't grind the r***h sides out. Like anything though, you will eventually have to buy new ones.

I haven't heard many tips about longevity though, I'm curious what others have to say...

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I know humidity and flourishing is a NO-NO with invisible decks. I wouldn't be pressure fanning it too much either. I basically use mine one or two times properly and then it goes directly back in the box until the next performance.

I of course make my own and touch them up when they need it with a special something.

Jun 20, 2009
near paris
I bought my first Invisible Deck one year ago and it was poorly made. Without exposing too much, the deck really wasn't r***h at all. So, I just ordered T11's Invisible Deck and DVD and wanted to know what you guys thought about the deck itself, and if it seems long lasting and of good quality.

Thank you!
just buy a normal deck and some rough and fluid and you can do your invisble deck by yourself once you know how it worked

Sep 1, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Naw not exposure you can give someone a can of the spray and a deck of cards and say make an invisible deck and they will still have no idea how it works.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
It is absolutely possible to make your own, but between the time spent and money spent, it's often faster and easier to get one professionally made - and save yourself the fumes. When making large runs of invisible decks, we are able to enable processes that keep quality uniform. When you're making one deck at a time, it's difficult to apply the special sauce evenly and perfectly. A well made deck should last you quite some time with care and TLC. The one I have used for the past 3 months is the same deck we used when filming the instructional video with Justin Kredible.

Dec 26, 2009
moviesandmagic3 - If you want to learn how to make your own ID (which I feel will be better for you to understand the workings of the deck) I will teach you through PMs or emails. I make my own and if done properly you will be saving a ton of cash. Think about it, 2 decks of Bikes for 2 bucks and the "sauce" as JB put it cost around 5 bucks and you have enough "sauce" to make like 10 decks in a large (6oz.) "sauce" can. Everything that is needed for the ID is available at Wal-Mart, so if you are interested in learning PM me. < That offer goes for anyone willing to learn not just moviesandmagic3

BTW - where are the exposure police to arrest JB for "exposing" that there isn't such a thing as a real deck that is invisible and that they are made in a factory by spraying JBs "special sauce" all over the decks. It's funny how people call out random people they don't know, but when someone like JB or the Bucks or any other bigger name magician do stuff like that no one says anything.

We are all magicians here people. We are speaking as magicians and from everything that was said about a invisible deck in this thread we all know what they are. So my question is this, What is the point of having a forum for magicians to talk about magic if we aren't aloud to talk about magic? As long as we aren't like, "I got this new T11 trick in the mail today. Want to see pictures of the gimmick used and know the method?" I don't see the big deal of saying the words "rough" and "spray" in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results