Invisible Deck

Aug 2, 2012
Hey guys, I'm new here and I was thinking about buying the Invisible Deck. I noticed it on YouTube, and have seen it performed as the same routine every time. Are there any other tricks you can do with it, or just the one? Don't get me wrong, I still think it is one of the greatest tricks eve r and I will still buy it regardless. Just wondering if there is any thing else you can do with it.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I can't think of any other tricks to do with it the way it needs to be set up for the invisible deck. It can be used in other tricks though you may need to change the set up a bit. Jay Sankey has a handling on his "Invisible" dvd that uses names in conjunction with an invisible deck. You might also check out Craig Petty's free download "Roughed" he has a couple alternate effects with an invisible deck in a different set up. I personally find the classical trick to be the strongest.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
It is one of the greatest effects of all time. There are a few DVDs, lecture notes, etc. out there that give you presentational ideas but, YES...you definitely want one. It can even be used as an "out" if you mess up a card effect and need to recover with the ID.

Reactions: Dragonbones
Aug 2, 2011
California
Split all the cards showing they are mixed up face up in face down. Square the deck. Have them name a card. All the cards go back face up except theirs. An amazing Triumph routine.

Jul 24, 2012
new york
Nice

Hey friends this is really an amazing product I have just bought. It gives you some smart techniques to master it and show your magical talent in front of others... I really enjoyed and got appreciation from friends!

j.p

Jul 10, 2012
Birmingham
www.twitter.com
Hey guys, I recently got the ID and am a bit paranoid about performing it because what if people ask to inspect the deck? What should I do? I mean, people inspect my Bicycle Decks a lot! In the UK there isn't really a 'standard' deck that most people would recognize so people are always wondering if magicians have special decks even if you are using a standard Bicycle. I tend to only so effects that are improptu so the deck can be inspected if asked, but the ID is great and I don't want some hecklers to ruin it. Any tips? Thanks!

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Hey guys, I recently got the ID and am a bit paranoid about performing it because what if people ask to inspect the deck? What should I do? I mean, people inspect my Bicycle Decks a lot! In the UK there isn't really a 'standard' deck that most people would recognize so people are always wondering if magicians have special decks even if you are using a standard Bicycle. I tend to only so effects that are improptu so the deck can be inspected if asked, but the ID is great and I don't want some hecklers to ruin it. Any tips? Thanks!

I've performed it for quite a while and never had anybody ask to see the deck.

Have the ID in your pocket. Do a couple tricks with a normal deck that matches. Put the deck in you pocket and as an after thought say you could do one more thing. Pull out the invisible deck and go crazy.

Really that's not even necessary though. The ID works like a prediction. If you were to write a number down on a slip of paper and had a number named your spectator doesn't jump on the piece of paper and think it's a trick paper. They ask how did you know that? When did you switch the prediction and so on.

Reactions: Dragonbones

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Yes...I agree...do a few effects with a standard matching deck. Put it away, do a few other non card effects and then go back into your "same" pocket (this is important psychologically) and pull out the ID and finale with it.

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
Also, when you show that one card is face down, let the spectator pull the card out and show it around. This will add the layer of deception as you do not care or put any emphasis on the deck, so they will think the deck is normal. It's all about your attitude.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Another thing to keep in mind, if you are standing / strolling and people are seated at tables, chances are you need to lower your hands and the deck or you will flash / expose the method without realizing it. I know because I've done it...and had everyone at a table point it out to me a few years ago. Lesson learned.

Mar 10, 2011
If you can, you should make your own ID with roughing fluid. Not only is is it cheaper, but then you can make more decks that are more familiar in other areas.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
If you can, you should make your own ID with roughing fluid. Not only is is it cheaper, but then you can make more decks that are more familiar in other areas.

You CAN, but I wouldn't recommend it. It's safer and easier to just spend the 5-9 dollars on already made one.

Dec 29, 2011
Daniel Madison has a book using the ID, the deck is different to the regular setup though, he has more than 10 handlings in it, can't remember what its called though. If you're going to get an invisible deck, you have to get the Daniel Madison book though no exceptions. You can see what it looks like in Derren Brown's "How to create a coincidence" video.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
You CAN, but I wouldn't recommend it. It's safer and easier to just spend the 5-9 dollars on already made one.

Safer?

An ID takes 10 minutes to make once you know how. While I do consent that it does take less effort to make one, I think the difference is pretty negligible. It just comes down to preference.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results