Invisible Deck

I had the same problem. Just play with it. What I did was cut to a random card in the normal deck, then had to reveal it in the I.D. Afterwards, discard the cut-to card (from the regular deck), then repeat until you have no cards remaining. I did this a few times, and just played with it.

Good Luck! I'm sure someone has some better advice than me though...LOL!

Steve

Sep 2, 2007
I can't seem to "memorize" the invisible deck.

Does anyone have any tips

Keep practicing. Just pick a random card, like the 9 of diamonds, and then make it appear upside down, with the rest of the deck remaining face up. I'm sure after a while it'll become second-hand, and you won't even have to think about it. Practice, Practice, Practice ...

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 2, 2007
Something I've found that works much better than subtracting is adding
Find the difference ... .
So if the ... .
Hope I could explain that without exposing it to anyone.

That's twice you have gratuitously revealed the invisible deck :( -- I'm sure that they weren't on purpose, but try using some discretion, as exposure is not only immoral, but also unconstitutional. :D

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 1, 2007
I think everyone on this forums knows what and how an invisible deck works...

Sep 2, 2007
I think everyone on this forums knows what and how an invisible deck works...

If everyone knew how it worked, then there would be no need to expose it, right? There would be no need for someone, who I will not name, *cough* The Dark Angel *cough* :D, to then post a link to the tutorial for it.

Further, exposure is exposure, any way you reveal it.

Cheers,
JTM

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
If everyone knew how it worked, then why is it being exposed? There would be no need for someone, who I will not name, *cough* The Dark Angel *cough* :D, to then post a tutorial for it.

Cheers,
JTM

Hey, I honestly don't think he meant any harm by it. Go easy on him. I'm sure that the T11 crew will deal with this as they see fit. Right?

3AQ7- That's not the point.

Shane K.

This thread reeks of exposure. Not blaming anyone, it was obvously an accident. I would say to please try not to let it happen again (Not that I have the authority to say so, it just needs ot be said.

Sep 2, 2007
Hey, I honestly don't think he meant any harm by it. Go easy on him. I'm sure that the T11 crew will deal with this as they see fit. Right?

3AQ7- That's not the point.

Shane K.

I'm sure he didn't mean any harm by it. In fact, I stated that:
I'm sure that it wasn't on purpose, but try using some discretion ...

From what I've seen from him, The Dark Angel is a nice guy, good magician, who's only trying to help others, while furthering his magic.

By no means, was I trying to question his charactor, or his intentions, and I, myself, am no expert on exposure, or its prevention.

That being said, however, exposure is exposure, and it should be limited, and, if possible, prevented altogether, whether on this site, or on youtube, etc.

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 14, 2007
Fayetteville, TN
The easiest way I've found is to look for the next highest card, for instance if the chosen card is the eight of diamonds, look for the nine of diamonds. It will be directly "to the left of" the eight. This works with every card in the deck except he Kings. This method is so much easier than trying to do math. I hope I am not exposing anything with this answer, but that is by far the simplest way to find any card in the Invisible deck. BTW, I LOVE the invisible deck, so simple but so dog-gone effective! :cool:

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Sorry everyone, I edited my post, and removed the links.
I didn't feel that by watching the videos it was saying "THIS IS HOW THE I.D. WORKS!"
It was simply showing you what you needed, and how you needed to make your own.
Once again, I apologize to Jack, and to anyone else who feels an apology is neccesary.

OK this may be a stupid question but I thought I had an invisible deck but it does not work the way you guys are describing the invisible deck. My deck had all the cards facing down except for the spectators card. This I think looks better. When the spectator can see a lot of face up cards they may notice certain details that could tip them off as to how it works if you know what I mean. Anyway my question is what is my deck called (all cards face down expect for the chosen card)?

Oh and with my deck there is no need to memorize much. Mostly you just have to be able to count.

Sep 2, 2007
OK this may be a stupid question but I thought I had an invisible deck but it does not work the way you guys are describing the invisible deck. My deck had all the cards facing down except for the spectators card. This I think looks better. When the spectator can see a lot of face up cards they may notice certain details that could tip them off as to how it works if you know what I mean. Anyway my question is what is my deck called (all cards face down expect for the chosen card)?
I believe you have a Brainwave Deck. If the back of the face-up card changes to a color different from the rest of the deck, it is the Brainwave Deck.

If not, it might be a modified Invisible/Brainwave Deck.

Cheers,
JTM

Thanks Jack,
Yes the back is a different color (red or blue) than that other cards. So I guess it is a Brainwave Deck.

Do you think the Invisible Deck has any advantage over the Brainwave Deck? Because I hear a lot of talk about the Invisible Deck and nothing about the Brainwave Deck but I think the Brainwave Deck is much cleaner.

Sep 2, 2007
I prefer the Brainwave Deck, as, though it's a bit more complicated to perform, it's a much better effect. However, it's all about preference.

The Invisible Deck allows a spectator's selected card to show up as the only card face down in the deck. The Brainwave Deck allows a spectator's selected card to show up as the only card face up in the deck, with the back transforming to a different color -- it provides two effects, instead of one.

The Brainwave Deck is harder to find -- it's not rare, but rarer than the Invisible Deck. In a sense, it does has more substance and is more clean than the Invisible Deck.

Cheers,
JTM

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results