Invisible Reverse 1-on-1 Review

Sep 1, 2007
This is a review of the Invisible Reverse 1on1 Downloadable video from Theory 11.

You can purchase the download here:

http://www.theory11.com/1on1/

Presentation: The 1on1 section has a great feel to it, from the preview of the effect to the small performance of it. This download has a performance by Chris Kenner, who also provides the explanation.

Effect: A "magician's mistake" effect with a kicker ending. I will not describe the effect as it can be easily seen in the link above.

Set up: There is a tiny set up but it can be done in front of an audience if you know simply slight of hand.

Teaching: Kenner is a very good teacher, he goes over everything in the effect, even some different ways to do the only even slightly fishy situation of the whole effect.

Reactions: With the right presentation, this effect can be very magical. I do recommend that you have a four of a kind routine to follow, since it would seem pointless that a four of a kind is discovered if such four cards are not immediately used. (Edit) As mentioned by Lazarus below, you can also discover other hands, not just simple 4 of a kinds.

Difficulty: Out of 10 this is a 2 on difficulty. You do need to know how to hold a deck of cards and how not to stutter.

Value: For $5 bucks you can't go wrong. It can be a very strong effect if you put the right presentation on it and if it is a part of a longer routine, which is simple to do provided you have four of a kind effects in your repertoire.

Score: Easy effect, clean and beautiful gets a 8/10 by itself, but a 10/10 if it is integrated into a longer routine. Some people say 10/10 is reserved for real magic, well, not me, if the effect is practical and can be used to good effect and good reactions it is good enough for me.

Recommended Effects: These are the effects that I have used paired with the Invisible Reverse: I normally use Dejavu by the Bucks, followed by Invisible Reverse, followed by Twisting the aces (proving that cards randomly reverse) and finishing with Doc Daley's last trick (Twisting the Aces transitions beautifully into this).

Have a good one.

Juan M.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 5, 2007
Indiana, USA
First, let me say I think this is the best download on the T11 site. While many of you younger guys talk about how much you're practicing the Molecule Cut and other more difficult feats, there is this gem sitting here - and beautifully taught by Chris.

I've been doing magic for a long time and can do 4 for 4, ThreeFry, and other intermediate level items. But I have to tell you...I have been having so much fun performing Simple Triumph and Invisible Reverse, that I'm damn near giddy.

And you don't have to go into a four ace effect here. With just a slight change, you can finish with a full house, royal flush, etc. - thus showing that you would not be someone they want to play cards with...you get the idea.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results