Invisible Thread,Wax and DVDs

Sep 3, 2011
Singapore
I will tell you more about IT and Wax here

Well, there are many types/brands of IT and Wax on the market. To name some Legacy Invisible Thread, Kranzo Invisible Elastic Bands(newest from E), Vectra thread, Kelvar thread, Mesika thread, Mesika's elastics, EZ strip thread, Mesika's wax, Master wax....etc. Also there are ITRs(Invisible Thread Reels) Of cause you can make your own IT by buying wooly nylon and stripping it but the quality will not be as good as the IT on the market

Now lets talk about some of the threads and wax I own

Vectra Thread:7.5/10
-Its said that this thread is the strongest thread out there in the market. I played with it and found it that it is really strong. Bad thing about this thread is that it will slip out of the wax easily and not suitable for bright places. I must say Vectra Thread is more of a plastic looking thread so it gets reflected by light easily. Its also very hard to strip. So if you are thinking of getting this thread, I recommend you buy the pre-stripped version.

EZ Strip Thread:9.5/10
-I love to use this thread. Its extremely easy to strip and very invisible. Obviously its not as strong as the Vectra Thread but still gets the job done. You don't have to worry about levitating things in a bright area now because this thread is not sensitive to light. I recommend you getting this.

Mesika's Elastics:8/10
-Comes in a cool box which contains 100ft of elastics in it. I must say that this is one of the better elastic threads in the market. Its very invisible and does not break easily. Also, when you buy the Mesika's Elastic, you will see instructions for a new hookup behind the packaging, which is really cool.

Kranzo's Invisible Elastic Bands:8/10
-Newest bands on the market which you can find at E. In my opinion, I think that this bands are more or less the same as loops, but more invisible. You get 5 bands when you purchase this. Its maybe about a dollar cheaper than loops. Well, anything produced by Ellusionists you can always trust it to be the best of the best.

Legacy Invisible Thread:8/10
My first though was WOW, 300ft of invisible elastics only for 19.95USD !! It will probably last you your whole life! Well produced elastic thread. I think it has been on the market for quite awhile only recently Ellusionists produced it. Again very good quality elastics, better than Mesika's elastics(my opinion).

Mesika's wax:10/10
-Very good, I like this wax. Contains 150 pellets of clear wax. I find it very worth it for the price. The wax is strong, and easy to carry around. It comes with a nice mini ''box'' for you to carry around the wax.

Master wax:10/10
-I also like this wax alot. Its produced by Steve Fearson, comes in fresh colours or card colours. This wax is alot stronger than the Mesika's wax. Again its worth the price, and will last you for a long time.

ITR Thread Boss by Sorcery Manufacturing:6/10
-Well this lasted for about 1month. When the thread broke , I found it very hard to fix back. When I finally got it fixed, the ITR did not work as good as before.

Good things about ITRs
-Its very practical. You don't have to leave IT hanging around your body, and risk breaking the IT. With the ITR, you can pull out any amount of thread you want and after finish using the thread, it will automaticly retract the thread back into the ITR.

Lets go on with the DVDs now. There are 2 DVDs I want to talk about. 1.Centrifugal by Magick Balay 2.Master Levitation System by Steve Fearson

Centrifugal by Magick Balay:10/10
-This DVD is awesome(really really awesome) When you buy the DVD you will get an ITR, I'm not sure what ITR is it but i think its the Thread Boss. Magick Really teaches everything you need to know about ITRs, the history , where to place it. I really thought that it was very good of him to include in the DVD , how to fix an ITR. Im sure many people have problems doing that(just like me). Even if you dont like the DVD, you should get it. Why? Because the price of the DVD+ITR is almost the same price as just buying an ITR alone. So good job to Blue Crown.

Master Levitation System by Steve Fearson:9/10
-Comes with a box and the DVD. Inside the box you will receive EZ strip thread, sample of Vectra thread, 2 floating deck gimmicks, ultra-realistic fake ice, light weight metalic fork and master wax. I was very happy that he included all these with the DVD. The DVD is about 1hr and 45mins long, he teaches everything in detail. He teaches you how to make your own Thread Managers and a utility that allows you to float things easier.

Additional Tips:
-If you are performing outside on the streets where the sun is bright and you are scared you might flash the IT, don't think too much about flashing. One thing you might want to note is the background colour of where you are standing. If you are performing a trick that requires the spectator to look down at the floor(haunted deck) its better to find a place where there is a dark coloured floor.

If you are performing a trick that requires the spectator to look at you(hover ring or flying card)its better to find a dark coloured wall. But since most of the time the the ring and card is flying near your dark coloured shirt, it's not really nessasary to find a dark coloured wall.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results