Is ACR as effective without a signature?

Nov 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Im just wondering if you guys have any experiance with doing ACR with no signature. The reason why is because i have always done my ACR with normal bikes but i would like to use some of my nicer decks, only i dont really want to ruin them by having signatures all over them.

Thanks!

P.S. If you think its less effective, any advice on what to do would be great.

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
It can still be done effectively without a signature, however, with a signed card you remove any and all doubt in the spectators mind that you are using dupes.
You could still do it without having the spec sign a card, however, I personally think it is more effective when the card is signed, but thats just me. ;)

Nov 22, 2007
idk, some spectators say "You just copied the signature really fast", but most of the time you're right it seems impossible.

To answer the OP's original question, no, the ACR is not as effective without a signature.

With some great visual effects like raise rise or the popup move the ACR can still look good…but will still look better if the card is signed.

Dex

Sep 18, 2007
North of France.
Mine is :D

I neve sign a card during an ambitious card, The reason beeing that I have created a climax where all the cards are blank, because they chose the only printed card.

So during the routine they all think they understand it (they're all the same cards!) but at the end I show that all the cards ARE the same, exept the chosen card.

Give it a try if you have a blank deck or a forcing deck, it really is the best climax to an ambitious card I've seen (and I'm proud to say that I created it :D )

Sep 1, 2007
I do the ACR with an unsigned card sometimes, it doesn't seem to make that much difference. I have them name out loud any card, and spread through the deck face up to find it, showing them that there is only one. This also gives you the opportunity to cull any cards you like ready for the next effect.

AllanLuu

Banned
Aug 31, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
An ACR is as effective with or without a signature. If you don't use a signature you just have to prove it to them that it is the only card like that in the pack.

I HATE FILLING MY DECK UP WITH SIGNATURES AND WHAT NOT.

Jack

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2007
Decatur, GA
It's all in your presentation. I like Dex's finish... I'm gonna have to try that (sorry i can only credit you as Dex). Remember if you make a routine your own, noone will ever have seen it before. It will always be amazing.

Cheers.

Nov 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Mine is :D

I neve sign a card during an ambitious card, The reason beeing that I have created a climax where all the cards are blank, because they chose the only printed card.

So during the routine they all think they understand it (they're all the same cards!) but at the end I show that all the cards ARE the same, exept the chosen card.

Give it a try if you have a blank deck or a forcing deck, it really is the best climax to an ambitious card I've seen (and I'm proud to say that I created it :D )

Ohhh i really like this and might try it out sometime hehe, thanks to everyone else who posted and helped!

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
heres what i do. lets say you want to do the acr with guardians. buy 2 guardian decks. take a card (for instance the 3C) out of one deck and put it in with the other force that 3C and have them sign it. keep doing that and you can do a signed card ACR 52 times

Nov 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
To the guy above, that kind of ruins the point to be honest. The whole point of haveing no signatures is to keep the deck in good looking shape without having to pay extra, like how you have to buy 2 decks, one to keep in good shape and one to get signed all over. This is basically the same thing as useing only one deck for ACR =/. The only advantage i would see in that is being able to use a deck with only one signature in total, which having multiple cards in a deck signed i dont see as a problem, considering nobody has the same signature lol, and they would be different signed cards. Then a disadvantage would be if they wanted to examine the deck they may find the dup cards a little suspicious.

Sep 1, 2007
You don't.

Or you do a deck switch at some point.

You could of course approximate the same effect by using a regular deck and doing a reverse fan to finish; it's surprising just how effective this can be. To really make it convincing, put in one blank card and do your reverse fan with this card on the face, with the selected card sticking out of the middle of the fan. This of course has the advantage of not having to carry around a rigged deck just for one effect. Not to mention that you can then "reprint" the whole deck with a simple colour change and get yet another phase out of the damn thing.

Actually, I quite like that...

TKH

Aug 31, 2007
Wisconsin
idk, some spectators say "You just copied the signature really fast", but most of the time you're right it seems impossible.

To answer the OP's original question, no, the ACR is not as effective without a signature.

With some great visual effects like raise rise or the popup move the ACR can still look good…but will still look better if the card is signed.

First of all never heard the comment about the signature being copied.

Signing a card is just for magicians, when you have done any card trick have the spectators asked to sign the card? Signing a card is for magicians mostly. You do need a signature if you finish with something like card to wallet or Tommy Wonder's climax because that will be hindered of itas magicalness if not signed.
If people are suspicous of a duplicate card just show them you hoinestly put it in, show them thetop card, do a pass and show them it came to the top.

ive never actually learned how to do ACR i know what it is and ive been looking for videos on youtube to find out how to do it but all of the videos have different opinions

if anyone has a video that is a good tutorial could u please help out a fellow magician and put in on the forum???

i really want to learn how to do ACR it s a very affective routine

thanks for your help :)

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
To the guy above, that kind of ruins the point to be honest. The whole point of haveing no signatures is to keep the deck in good looking shape without having to pay extra, like how you have to buy 2 decks, one to keep in good shape and one to get signed all over. This is basically the same thing as useing only one deck for ACR =/. The only advantage i would see in that is being able to use a deck with only one signature in total, which having multiple cards in a deck signed i dont see as a problem, considering nobody has the same signature lol, and they would be different signed cards. Then a disadvantage would be if they wanted to examine the deck they may find the dup cards a little suspicious.

i dont know if you understood what i was saying.
you have one deck to keep in good condition. you take a card from the other deck and put it in with your good one and force that one have them sign it and when the ACR is over let them keep it. keep doing this untill the one deck your taking cards from. you could even temporarily take out the card thats the same and when your done just put it back. i dont see them seeing the dupes a problem. this happened to me and i simply explained that i get more out of my cards this way by not having to buy a new deck every time someone signs a card. she said o ok i see and didnt say anything else about the dupe

Nov 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
i dont know if you understood what i was saying.
you have one deck to keep in good condition. you take a card from the other deck and put it in with your good one and force that one have them sign it and when the ACR is over let them keep it. keep doing this untill the one deck your taking cards from. you could even temporarily take out the card thats the same and when your done just put it back. i dont see them seeing the dupes a problem. this happened to me and i simply explained that i get more out of my cards this way by not having to buy a new deck every time someone signs a card. she said o ok i see and didnt say anything else about the dupe

ahh i see i missunderstood you a bit but not completly, i see the benefits but at the same time it seems like a bit of a pain to have to buy 2 decks =/ im really just looking for a way to do it without buying anything extra (such as another deck) and still have it as effective. Oh and i think i might try the card to wallet thing but does anyone have a really good teaching on it? I really only learned it from a friend and he didnt do the best teaching of it lol but i would be interrested in buying some good instructions. Thanks!

Edit: also im thinking about still doing a sig on the card only because its kinda nice to be able to hand it out as a souvinear, in which case i would probly just dish out the extra money and buy 2 decks :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan

I think people should stop saying "I created it," but instead, should say, "I came accross this idea by myself, but don't know who first came up with the idea." I only say this because, I have been doing this for a LONG time now. I also do a variation.

I do tricks with a regular deck, then I deck switch out for a blank deck, but the blank deck only has ONE truly blank card. The other 51 cards all have Signatures on their blank faces! So when I do force the one card, and say, "you have chosen a special card," after they see it, they think the entire deck is blank, but they soon find out that they truly did choose the only blank card.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results