Is Distortion the Original?

Sep 1, 2007
UK
Hi, I have a question for anybody who knows the answer.

Is Distortion the original 4 to 6 of diamonds moving pips? Was Cyril's a variation of Wayne's effect? Or is Wayne's based on Cyril's?

Thanks,
Huruey

Sep 1, 2007
NO HE DIDNT THE one in five times five japan is different look at my performance of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViuheXMAXKY see its on the box Cyril is the orginal creator i already fig it out people that work at theory 11 if you have read my other post send me a message i will send you the link so you can delete the videos on youtube that reveal it there under the name djifh just an example

:DI had this trick months ago. well i had the four to six moving pip card. and once i saw the video it was a better version of the way i do it. I love the pip change and it gets the best reactions out of spectators.

there is a four to five pip change also but it only moves 1 pip. :cool:

Attachments

• magicpic.jpg
    magicpic.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 159
Aug 31, 2007
If this is the cyril one, which i wont expose, then i may buy tit, as the gimmick is a pain to make. THEORY 11 MODS, please contact me and tell m if its cyrils version

Sep 1, 2007
I couldn't imagine Wayne stealing Cyril's trick. Well, not stealing, but a little modification kind of is stealing...

Sep 1, 2007
IT IS CYRILS TRICK I NO HOW TO DO IT AND I HAVE A GIMMICK THAT I MADE AT HOME HE DID STEAL IT BUT NO ONE EVER PATEND IT so techanicly not stealing just took a trick that was never submited the only diff is that cyril used it as a prediction

hyo

Sep 1, 2007
IT IS CYRILS TRICK I NO HOW TO DO IT AND I HAVE A GIMMICK THAT I MADE AT HOME HE DID STEAL IT BUT NO ONE EVER PATEND IT so techanicly not stealing just took a trick that was never submited the only diff is that cyril used it as a prediction

How can you be so sure about that? Did you even asked Mr.Houchin?

Personally, I highly doubt it, 'cause the theory11 artists are some well-known magicians and nice guys who wouldn't "steal" tricks...

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
Guys,

Cyril's variation of the effect is based on the original, as credited on the Distortion DVD. We've taken every necessary step to ensure proper crediting was included.

As stated in a previous post, the origins of this particular effect go back decades. It was originally done with a jumbo card. However, Distortion is the only authorized version of the effect collaborated with the original innovator of the modern application of the effect ("Visually Yours"), Michael Ammar. In addition, as crediting is extremely important to us, all details are included in the DVD.

Hope this eases your concerns!

Sep 1, 2007
HAHAHAHAHAHA I TOLD YOU ALL and to the operation guy it has been revealed i will send you the link if you take the video down

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
HAHAHAHAHAHA I TOLD YOU ALL and to the operation guy it has been revealed i will send you the link if you take the video down
Shoot me the link via PM and I'll take a look.

Like stated previously, we worked side-by-side with the original innovator of the modern adaptation of the effect, which you saw Cyril perform in the clip above. There was no "stealing" of the trick. Cyril performed the modern adaptation, as popularized by Michael Ammar. We worked with Michael, Wayne, and others to release it here on video for the first time.

Does that make sense? Hope that clears things up. :) Let me know if you have anymore questions I can answer guys!

Sep 1, 2007
Wow Diego, seems like you're a real supporter of this place judging from all your posts. Claiming they stole effects, to just plain bashing of the site. Seems a little fishy, but someone had to turn up.

Sep 1, 2007
Shoot me the link via PM and I'll take a look.

Like stated previously, we worked side-by-side with the original innovator of the modern adaptation of the effect, which you saw Cyril perform in the clip above. There was no "stealing" of the trick. Cyril performed the modern adaptation, as popularized by Michael Ammar. We worked with Michael, Wayne, and others to release it here on video for the first time.

Does that make sense? Hope that clears things up. :) Let me know if you have anymore questions I can answer guys!

ok check your pm in one sec

AllanLuu

Banned
Aug 31, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I honestly don't care if it is original or not or maybe just original but with a few tweaks from the actual effect. This is the first time I have personally ever seen somthing like this and after panic I am definetly grabbing this effect when I can.

Sep 1, 2007
Wow Diego, seems like you're a real supporter of this place judging from all your posts. Claiming they stole effects, to just plain bashing of the site. Seems a little fishy, but someone had to turn up.

what are you talking about im just pointing things out and i love this sight

Sep 1, 2007
But you gotta admit. Cyril's the one popularized the effect. Just type Moving pips in youtube and you will find most videos will mention Cyril. Is Cyril credited in the DVD?

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
But you gotta admit. Cyril's the one popularized the effect. Just type Moving pips in youtube and you will find most videos will mention Cyril. Is Cyril credited in the DVD?
I seriously doubt it is Cyril's own creation, hardly any of the tricks he does is stuff he creates but what other consultants or magicians create.

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
Taken from the product page: "There's a reason Cyril (famed Japanese magician) performed a variation of this effect on national television. Imagine being able to allow your audience to actually SEE a card visually change. Now do it."

:cool:

Aug 31, 2007
Yeah Wayne didn't "steal" the effect at all. It doesn't even say he created it. It says featuring Wayne Houchin. Just like how David Stone didn't create "Digital Dissolve" but he's still doing the DVD.

Sep 1, 2007
Bristol,England
Guys,

Cyril's variation of the effect is based on the original, as credited on the Distortion DVD. We've taken every necessary step to ensure proper crediting was included.

As stated in a previous post, the origins of this particular effect go back decades. It was originally done with a jumbo card. However, Distortion is the only authorized version of the effect collaborated with the original innovator of the modern application of the effect ("Visually Yours"), Michael Ammar. In addition, as crediting is extremely important to us, all details are included in the DVD.

Hope this eases your concerns!

And if you read the description on the 'Distortion' page it tells you about the issue:D

Many thanks

Daniel Chard

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results