Is Distortion worth it?

trebmalrolyat

Banned
Sep 2, 2007
does anyone think that distortion isnt worth it??., i mean, it can only be done with a 6 of diamonds, and the gimmick only comes in a red backed bicycle rider back...:(

i'm waiting for witness

This would probably be only limited by the presentation it is given for it. They can see it move right in front of their eyes, can't be anymore bizarre than that, unless pips starts flying around off the card... But I would say yes definitely that Distortion should be worth every penny and more. If I was crazy enough, I would put my Black Ghost on the line to prove that Distortion is one of the great effects, but since I'm not crazy, I'm keeping my Black Ghost.

- Charles :cool:

Sep 1, 2007
Arizona
I agree that the presentation is what makes an effect "worth it". I've purchased some wonderful effects in the past, but never really use them, that doesn't hinder the worth of it, just differs from user to user.

I remember reading a post from a user saying how black tigers, screams out gaffed to spectators. Wanting a moving pip version in black tiger would probably give the spectator that extra push to say without a doubt that it is a gaffed card. Of course it wont always be the case, but a normal red or blue back card which pretty much everyone can relate to, is seen on the norm. Pulling out a black tiger, viper, or even a guardian, would have some spectators question it from the beginning of the presentation.

Sep 4, 2007
Kansas City
Who cares if you can only do it with a single card? And red backed bikes are standard fare, its the safest bet to go with. I'm sure the gimmick will be produced in other variants eventually.

There are a lot of effects that rely on using one single card, and that doesn't make the effect any worse, if the effect is powerful enough use it.... we're here to entertain.

Sep 2, 2007
Let me start off by saying: I do not own Distortion...yet.

From what I have seen, this effect is outstanding. I have been looking for an effect like this for a while, I saw a magician do this a long time ago and It BLOW ME AWAY. His patter sucked and it still hit me in the gut. I may even still have the bruse.

So I have been looking for a similar effect since then. And I have found it!

This is on top of my list of things to buy when I can.

So is it worth it? I think so...because I have seen the reactions you can get with a card effect of this sort.

Try it on for size, you may for in love.

-Jacob

I remember reading a post from a user saying how black tigers, screams out gaffed to spectators. Wanting a moving pip version in black tiger would probably give the spectator that extra push to say without a doubt that it is a gaffed card. Of course it wont always be the case, but a normal red or blue back card which pretty much everyone can relate to, is seen on the norm. Pulling out a black tiger, viper, or even a guardian, would have some spectators question it from the beginning of the presentation.

He's got it in one.

Aug 31, 2007
Hartford, CT
From what I have seen, this effect is outstanding. I have been looking for an effect like this for a while, I saw a magician do this a long time ago and It BLOW ME AWAY. His patter sucked and it still hit me in the gut. I may even still have the bruse.

I gotta ask -- what was his pratter? At least the gist of it?

OH!, so there is different backs on the way, everyone is now happy, well for now anyways. Hope to see a Ghost back version. All my ghost decks have been waiting to be used and Distortion is the perfect trick for me to use with them.

Aug 31, 2007
I think Distortion is worth it. I haven't received it yet, but when I saw the preview...I was like :eek:. Hehe... When you can punch a spectator in the gut with an awe dropping trick like distortion...I think the price is perfect.

If you practice...you can make something easy look crazy.
-P54

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results