Is it just me...

Jul 26, 2008
NJ
Or are the tricks in the Trilogy really freaking hard?

I almost got one down so far, but I still need to practice. Everything else just seems impossible because my hands are too small, or I can't do a move, or the cards keep falling out of my hands when I try to do a move (this happens so many times, it's not even funny).

Experiences? Tips? Comments? Arguments?

Fire away.

Feb 28, 2008
They are pretty hard... Like most good tricks, they will require a lot of practice and since you might be learning new slights, that will make them even harder. I don't know what else to say other than keep working at them or modify them so that you can work them out in your own way.

Jun 24, 2008
persistance is a definite key to success. I dont really know how long you have been doing magic but take into consideration that these are not easy peices to preform. As far as tips are concerned, just watch the effect over and over again.

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
I totally agree with ya man! The tricks on the trilogy are very hard, but the only thing I've got to say is to keep practicing and you'll eventually get it.

Trust me, it took me awhile to get just 1 trick down pretty good. And here's a little heads up. Most likely your hands aren't too small, you just have to figure out how to do it perfectly to make it work. Most people say they're hands are too small and then later on they are doing it perfectly.:p

Jan 14, 2008
philippines
yes thats true the trilogy is hard if think it is... i my self have small hands.. but the key is to make the effect work for you... if you cant do what DnD are teaching in the dvd then dont, figure out how to make it work for you... like every one you just have to practice... the tricks on the trilogy requires alot of moves.. try learning the trick one move at a time... practice alot..... dont be too excited...

Jul 26, 2008
NJ
I've tried 69, Card Across, and Deja Vu, and they've all seem impossible. I have Collectors down pretty much, but I'm having trouble with the move where the top card flips an shoots to your other hand. I can do it, but sometimes it gets caught on the side of the deck.

Apr 28, 2008
The easiest tricks for me are Collectors and Hoffzy Osbourne. I think these are the most practical tricks and can be used in front of a live audience.

Hand to Mouth is also easy and practical, although I already do a card to mouth so I never used it.

I wouldn't bother with TiVo 2 and Twinsplit, they are very difficult and have awful angles.

I've tried 69, Card Across, and Deja Vu, and they've all seem impossible. I have Collectors down pretty much, but I'm having trouble with the move where the top card flips an shoots to your other hand. I can do it, but sometimes it gets caught on the side of the deck.

Card across is one of the most difficult tricks on the DVD, the Aaron Fisher one handed popover move takes a lot of practice and isn't something you should expect to pick up quickly.

69 feels slightly awkward at first but you should get used to it quite quickly.

Deja Vu isn't too bad apart from the Duck Change, this will take a lot of practice but while learning it you can use other changes instead such as Shapeshifter, Revolve change, Flippant Change and The Superflip change.

I've learnt Deja Vu but never actually performed it, i'm unsure if an audience could actually follow whats happening.

Jul 26, 2008
NJ
The easiest tricks for me are Collectors and Hoffzy Osbourne. I think these are the most practical tricks and can be used in front of a live audience.

Hand to Mouth is also easy and practical, although I already do a card to mouth so I never used it.

I wouldn't bother with TiVo 2 and Twinsplit, they are very difficult and have awful angles.

Card across is one of the most difficult tricks on the DVD, the Aaron Fisher one handed popover move takes a lot of practice and isn't something you should expect to pick up quickly.

69 feels slightly awkward at first but you should get used to it quite quickly.

Deja Vu isn't too bad apart from the Duck Change, this will take a lot of practice but while learning it you can use other changes instead such as Shapeshifter, Revolve change, Flippant Change and The Superflip change.

I've learnt Deja Vu but never actually performed it, i'm unsure if an audience could actually follow whats happening.

Thanks for all the help. That's what I was looking for.

Also, what patter can one use for Collectors? I can't really come up with anything except explaining what's going on.

Aug 1, 2008
Salinas, CA
All I can Say..!

All I can say is No one ever Got anywhere By saying These Words- Hard, Cant, Never, Remember Everything in Magic Or illusions or Slights Will always Take 110% To be good and even When you think you are good I always tell Myself how can i take it to the next level or how can i make it just a bit better. I just think that all things in life take time and patients. Keep on trucking you will get it.

Randomwrath , makes a great point, starting with a routine like SUBWAY is the best way to get rolling. I did the same thing, but I am still finding dificulty with the routines. One day you will hit it dead on! stay with it, it will come

good luck!

Apr 28, 2008
All I can say is No one ever Got anywhere By saying These Words- Hard, Cant, Never, Remember Everything in Magic Or illusions or Slights Will always Take 110% To be good and even When you think you are good I always tell Myself how can i take it to the next level or how can i make it just a bit better. I just think that all things in life take time and patients. Keep on trucking you will get it.

I don't agree with these sort of 'poetic' sayings and statements. They sound inspirational at first but when you take a closer look they often turn out to fairly meaningless. It is perfectly reasonable to say that a sleight or effect is too hard, especially if isn't all that impressive to spectators.

Sometimes the end result (sleight of effect) doesn't just justify the amount of time required to learn it and in that time you could learn more effects that audiences will enjoy more or work on the presentation of effects you currently do.

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
69 is by far the easiest and most practical trick on the Trilogy for me.

If you're having trouble with any of the tricks, try changing a few of the moves around to suit you. That's what I did for a few of them.

Mar 29, 2008

This is the only trick from the trilogy that I use on a regular basis, it gets very good reactions, think lapse, only stronger, but dont rush it, or they will be completely lost.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results