Is Subway hard to perform?

Nov 24, 2007
Hermosillo Sonora
I was thinking of buying that trick and I´m a begginer so, wanted to know if it is hard because in the review says that it´s the easist trick they do :D

Just tell me if it is hard or easy.
See´ya:D

Oct 4, 2007
I'm a relative novice and have the three Trilogy disks. I would say that Subway is generally a pretty straight forward trick technically EXCEPT for what is really the one move after displaying the chosen card. I am still struggling with that step and in fact find it easier to use a simplified variation for that step I saw Jay Sankey perform.

Worth the effort though. All the Buck's tricks are doable if you break them down and invest the time they are due in first getting the technical down, then get it smooth, then work the patter.

Sep 1, 2007
dang barnsley I wish I knew that sankey method.

yea this is not an easy trick, there are several difficult parts that in order for the trick to look good, you have to do them like it ain't no thang but a chicken wing from burger king on a string.

personally I think "the collectors" is way easier and very visual too!

3-4 hours of practice and you should have the handling down if you know the basic control. Yeah, the display is the hardest move.

I say go for it. And it could be for begginers. It all matters how much you wnat to put into it. IMO this is the best trick on the Trilogy. Angle friendly, not knuckle busting hard, straight-forward, and fast. So are the a lot of the tricks on the Trilogy, but this is by far the easiest and most angle free.

This is what I have to say about it.
Its a marvelous effect and takes a lot of practice for begginers. I'd reccomend
the Royal Road 2 Card Magic....dvd set or book, either are great at explaing the basics and then some in Card Magic/ sleights.
Then I think you should go back and watch it All again as you and a lot of others (not saying you might not) but need to understand you only need 3 tricks at a time for at least a month each.
I understand its hard when you have some $$$ to spend and all there is, is the hard hitting marketing ploys for instance Ellusionst, a lot say they can sell ice to eskimos, so I'm warning you that its hard to stay away from that roads direction. however a lot of new magicans have made that mistake, like myself.

then after you have picked three tricks of your best perfomances after you have practiced them for endless hours at a time then perfromed your heart out you can look for other stuff, like

Expert Card Technique, which is from the same Magicians as the other book.

once you have masterd all of those tricks, well...all the sleights at least like the
'The Pass'
'Glimpse'
Forces
and numeorus False Shuffles, you can move on to the more advanced stuff that (if you havent already) gotten a lot of hours of 'real people' perfomance, I hink you should pick up Kard Klub, by ellusionist as it theaches you SO MUCH!!!!! and its only one trick...... read the reviews on it.

then the trilogy would be a great dvd and to make it better pick up X-treme begginerz and youll be set.!

Good Luck on you journey to becoming a 'True' perfoming in the Art of Card Magic.

Nov 2, 2007
Norway
Does it matter if it's hard or not? Just practice. I wouldn't say it's all that difficult, but you will need to work harder to make it look good.

Good luck!

if its hard to do and you are a beginner it might be a good idea to spend money and time elsewhere for something easier and equally impressive.

subway is really easy. but showing the card part is a bit tricky to do good. rest is easy.

but yes you will have to do it over and over to get it smooth but you wont get stuck on any part just because there is a difficult sleight to master.

HA, 'YOUNOOBS' I love that...lol

anyways, If you are new i think you should check out the "are you a begginer?" sectiopn on the right side of your screen on the home page of T11.
watch the 10min video and do as it says or read my last post in here as it will help a geat deal.

Sep 2, 2007
I'm a relative novice and have the three Trilogy disks. I would say that Subway is generally a pretty straight forward trick technically EXCEPT for what is really the one move after displaying the chosen card. I am still struggling with that step and in fact find it easier to use a simplified variation for that step I saw Jay Sankey perform.

Worth the effort though. All the Buck's tricks are doable if you break them down and invest the time they are due in first getting the technical down, then get it smooth, then work the patter.

the trick it self is easy excpet for the first sleight, I practiced that for a month and now am performing it with great confident

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results