Is this an original idea?

Jul 22, 2016
hey, i was playing with a deck of cards and then came up with an idea for a trick and i thought about submitting it to the marketplace but before i do i want to know if this is original enough to submit.
what happens in the trick:
2 spectators pick one card each and then the deck is split into 2 piles(one pile for each card) and the piles are put on the table. the 2 spectators then sign their names on the face of the card. both spectators then draw anything on the back of the card. the cards are then placed face up on the table and each spectator puts a hand on top of their card. both piles are then shuffled together and held by the magician. the magician then claims that the hand of the spectators are acting as vaults to keep the cards safe. then the magician says that unfortunately last night to theives broke into the vaults and stole the drawings that were on the back of the cards. the spectators then turn over their cards to reveal that the drawings are gone. the magician then spreads the deck face up and takes out the 2 jokers and said that the "police" found the thieves and the magician turns over the 2 jokers to reveal the 2 drawings.
so is this original enough?

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Good creativity and thinking, but I don't think it is too marketable.

It sounds like the reverse of the Anniversary Waltz (where two signatures come together on a single card). That being said, I'm not familiar with a plot exactly like that.

However, the method seems really obvious to me (with one obstacle that can be overcome in several ways). I also think that part of the method (how the picture got on a second card) is easly figured out by the spectator after the effect.

The other problem is that it burns 4 cards per trick (and if you use the jokers, you can only do the effect once with the deck).

My final thought is that any basic effect where a card that is placed on a table changes to another card is just as effective from a spectator's viewpoint. Anything likeDesigned for Laughter, Switchcraft, French Kiss, Be Honest - What is It?, etc.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results