Is this normal...

whenever i hold a deck of cards, my parents yell at me. Whenever i forget to take out the trash, they somehow relate it to cards like "well you probably could have done it if you werent playing with your cards" :mad:
Does this happen to anyone besides me ( honest opinion) Sometimes my dad doesnt care and buys me cards online, but my mom................

Oct 22, 2008
omg well although my parents do always follow my ambitions and love what i do when i were to get a bad grade on a test they always say, "why can't you focus on your studies as much as you do with magic!" etc. But its what parents doo.

-Jake

Nov 10, 2007
omg well although my parents do always follow my ambitions and love what i do when i were to get a bad grade on a test they always say, "why can't you focus on your studies as much as you do with magic!" etc. But its what parents doo.

-Jake

EXACTLY what my parents do but they also love what I do.

Jul 16, 2008
somewhere in New York
My parents...at first they yelled at me for buying anything, any cards. Theyd say "why do you need more cards you already have a deck" stuff like that. They didn't like me spending money on magic either. They did everything they could possibly do to get me to quit magic. But i didn't because i love magic. Never let what they say or do get to you, if magics truely in your heart...you'll never quit. But anywho...after a few months they realized they couldn't get me to stop and they just accepted it. It was hard at first..but i got threw it.

-Nikki

Aug 2, 2008
the LBC
ooooo man last year i got really bad grades first semester my mom took away every single deck i had and all books and all my dvds and i couldnt buy anything new until they were better

but my parents are very encouraging

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
-I can relate.

-Some of their most said responses are:

-"Why don't you put those cards down and go study."
-and
-"Why do you need more cards, you already got enough."

-And the truth is that I'm an A+ student at my school and I'm ranked about the top 30 students with the best grades.

-And I rarely buy cards, normally get about 2 decks of cards every month or two or so.

Mar 16, 2009
USA
So one time, i was at my computor playing with my deck, and my mom walked in! and she's like " oh my god what are you doing???" And i'm like ughh nothing. And she's like well put it away and do your homework. hahah. ;)

Feb 24, 2009
best way to fix it is dont give up. if they ask you to do your homework instead of playing cards do the homework get it out of the way and go play with your deck. eventualy they will lay off. thats how my grandmother was for a while (she lives with me my mom and brother) but when i started to listen to her she laid off

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
My parents...at first they yelled at me for buying anything, any cards. Theyd say "why do you need more cards you already have a deck" stuff like that. They didn't like me spending money on magic either. They did everything they could possibly do to get me to quit magic. But i didn't because i love magic. Never let what they say or do get to you, if magics truely in your heart...you'll never quit. But anywho...after a few months they realized they couldn't get me to stop and they just accepted it. It was hard at first..but i got threw it.

-Nikki

Starting out, parents can be stubborn about this... they consider magic a passing fancy or little hobby, when it's SO much more.

Oct 22, 2008
ooooo man last year i got really bad grades first semester my mom took away every single deck i had and all books and all my dvds and i couldnt buy anything new until they were better

but my parents are very encouraging

a little off topic im just wonderin why ur name is TheJoo?

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
My parents really encourage me.

The way i avoid being yelled at is i do all my homework and stuff first (honestly it's not that hard, it just takes a long time) so when they ask me "Are you done with your homework?" And i'd simply answer yes, and they'd leave me alone.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results