Is this what magicians have to resort to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 24, 2008
Harrisonburg, VA
"Magi, fasten your lap straps. This is Jay on steroids. Watch and think about it. I showed it to my girl and then asked her what she thought. She said,'I get it. He takes the art serious, but thinks magicians take some of the stuff they do way too serious.' Is she right? I think this a extremely creative piece. It's more than just being wacky or silly."-Chris K.

Hmmmmmmmmmm that was interesting, I guess.

D

Deleted member 2755

Am I the only one that found this funny?:p

-Doug

Jan 8, 2009
I've never liked Sankey. I have also heard some bad stories about him. He's a complete nut job in my opinion.

Sep 2, 2007
London
I used to find Jay Sankey really annoying when I'd only seen him on video, but then I saw him perform live and he was hilarious, along with being a superb magician. I don't understand what the issue is with this clip. What's the problem?

Jun 14, 2008
It was way too bad to be funny, I'd love to know what his idea behind it was. I do hope it wasn't just to be funny, because that was AWFUL!

I haven't been this disgusted in my life...

What an odd thing to say? (unless you were joking)

That made you the most disgusted you've been in your life??

It would appear that Jay was having a laugh, posted it on his site for those that might like it. His newsletter had comments from both the Like It / Hate it camps which I personally thought was pretty cool of him. He doesn't care if some people don't like him or his comedy or his skits or even his magic. More power to him.

As for "Is this what magicians have to resort to?"....ummm...?

Horse? Of great height? Ever been on one Mitch?

Am I the only one that found this funny?:p

-Doug

Nope. I'm with ya' Doug. Personally I think the title of this thread should be:

"Is this what magicians on forum boards have to resort to?"

Sorry Mitch, but this really is a nothing thread for a magic forum.
And again...you're disgusted....why?

Rabid

What an odd thing to say? (unless you were joking)

That made you the most disgusted you've been in your life??

It would appear that Jay was having a laugh, posted it on his site for those that might like it. His newsletter had comments from both the Like It / Hate it camps which I personally thought was pretty cool of him. He doesn't care if some people don't like him or his comedy or his skits or even his magic. More power to him.

As for "Is this what magicians have to resort to?"....ummm...?

Horse? Of great height? Ever been on one Mitch?

Nope. I'm with ya' Doug. Personally I think the title of this thread should be:

"Is this what magicians on forum boards have to resort to?"

Sorry Mitch, but this really is a nothing thread for a magic forum.
And again...you're disgusted....why?

Rabid
He's a magician... it seems like he's completely making a fool out of himself as well as offending me with his jokes against French Canadians.

If you find people making strange noises for 3 minutes funny then I pity you. I really do. This is nothing more than a sad excuse for comedy. Sankey should just stick to magic because obviously this comedy thing really isn't his thing. Hell I'd rather sit through Meet the Spartans than watch this junk.

Mitch

Sep 20, 2008
Or you just werent hugged enough when you were little.

Lighten up, i wouldve found this entertaining if i knew a bit of french. Sadly all i had was some Sankey-Visuals, which werent really appealing. bit entertaining nonetheless.

He's a magician... it seems like he's completely making a fool out of himself as well as offending me with his jokes against French Canadians.

If you find people making strange noises for 3 minutes funny then I pity you. I really do. This is nothing more than a sad excuse for comedy. Sankey should just stick to magic because obviously this comedy thing really isn't his thing. Hell I'd rather sit through Meet the Spartans than watch this junk.

Mitch

Once again, this horse you're on Mitch is a whopper huh?

You find it unfunny...so? The world revolves around the sun...not you or any other one person. If someone wishes to make a fool out of themselves, then that is their right...surely? You're offended by the French Canadian jokes but are missing the point that the man has the right to take the piss out of who he likes, as do you, as I do, as the guy that posted above and below me does...etc.

You really need to lighten up Mitch, you're gonna get an ulcer before you're 20.

As for pitying me...well, that's really nice of you but I need your pity like I need a million dollars.

....?...hold on...? no, that's not right because....

Well...I don't need it anyways.

Lighten up mate.

Rabid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results