Is Torn Impromptu?

Hey, I've read like 100 threads on Torn and TnR and everywhere i read it says Torn is impromptu. But I have Torn, or atleast the one I think you are talking about, Daniel Garcia right? Danny's Torn is not impromptu, well it nearly is but its not... So my question is, why is everyone calling Torn impromptu?

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
I think it depends on your definition of "impromptu." So people think it means no gimmicks, in which case Torn is impromptu. Some people say it means that it can be performed on the spot, which the original handling for Torn isn't made for.

Although, with a little practice, you can make Torn completely impromptu.

PM me if you want to know more.

David

Dictionary.com said:
im·promp·tu (ĭm-prŏmp'tōō, -tyōō) Pronunciation Key
adj.

1. Prompted by the occasion rather than being planned in advance: an impromptu party.
2. Spoken, performed, done, or composed with little or no preparation; extemporaneous: a few impromptu remarks. See Synonyms at extemporaneous.

adv. With little or no preparation; extemporaneously.

Now as you can see at least a definition of Impromptu then you can get the idea that Torn can be done almost anywhere at any time. Besides knowing the handling, for those of you who own it all you need is 1 small thing which you can do at home and make 100's in an hour.

Impromptu does not mean having nothing on you naked and walking up to someone. Besides that being weird, it's not the correct way to put it. Having a gimmick on you, going up to someone borrowing a bill or a ring, and performing the effect with the gimmick is impromptu. It is on the spot, with little preparation that you can do at any time.

-RA69

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results