Issues Uploading?

Hey is anyone else having issues uploading? I have an effect that I have been trying to upload all day. I've tried multiple computers and browsers. Both my promo and explanation video say "Media successfully attached" yet when I click submit I get a pop up saying "Please upload both a preview video and instructional file." I've tried probably 15 times. Any suggestions? Does anyone else have this problem? If it's any help the video I'm uploading is HD and nearly 20 mins long (764mb)

Sep 3, 2011
Singapore
Hi that has happened to me also. Try converting the explanation video to a smaller file. And upload both the explanation and preview at the same time. Once both is done uploading, immediately click submit, dont wait.

Apr 20, 2010
This is something to take to the support team, not necessarily the forums.

Good luck.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Hey Zenn, what browser are you using when you are you uploading? We have no other reports of widespread issues, so let us know a bit more details and we can try to get this fixed up for you ASAP! For modern browsers, we recommend using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari.

Thanks JB for replying! I used Google Chrome and Safari. Both of my files are 720p HD files with a .mp4 extension. A couple of times while uploading I have gotten an IO error message (but that was only when I'm uploading my instructional file), if I don't get an IO error, it tells me the media was successfully attached until I hit submit, when it then gives me the pop up as mentioned before. I tried my laptop at school, both of my home computers, and my laptop at home. I re-rendered both files on the off chance that they were corrupt, however both the original files and my new files work fine on every computer I've tried. The file size of the Promo video is 84.2 MB and the instructional is 764 MB

I hope that helps! And thanks again for replying so fast

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Hey Zenn, this should now be resolved - sorry about that! The issue we believe was the file size. It was previously limited to 700mb, which was likely preventing your video from uploading properly. We bumped the limit to 1gb tonight. You may want to try running it through Miro Video Converter (free), which will crunch down the filesize and speed up your upload. Of course, let us know if you experience any further issues. Excited to see your submission!

Hey Zenn, this should now be resolved - sorry about that! The issue we believe was the file size. It was previously limited to 700mb, which was likely preventing your video was uploading properly. We bumped the limit to 1gb tonight. You may want to try running it through Miro Video Converter (free), which will crunch down the filesize and speed up your upload. Of course, let us know if you experience any further issues. Excited to see your submission!

Thanks JB! I just uploaded it a moment ago and it worked! I really appreciate you looking into this and I hope you enjoy my submission! Thanks again for taking the time to fix this =]

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Zenn...ha ha. I was having the same issue ALL weekend long and getting pissed off...ha ha. I emailed JB and when they changed it over to 1 GB for the file size limit from the old 700MB it worked today for me.

More and more people were going to run into that issue if they are using the HD footage because the HD eats up MB's fast! Even when you take it down to 720p the files are huge.

Zenn...ha ha. I was having the same issue ALL weekend long and getting pissed off...ha ha. I emailed JB and when they changed it over to 1 GB for the file size limit from the old 700MB it worked today for me.

More and more people were going to run into that issue if they are using the HD footage because the HD eats up MB's fast! Even when you take it down to 720p the files are huge.

Haha exactly! I filmed in full 1080 on my DSLR but since the Wire info suggested to export in 720 thats what I did. It prob would have been at least a gig if I had rendered in 1080 like normal lol

At least now people will know in the future!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results