Issues with bicycle cards (too hard to shuffle)

Jun 7, 2017
I recently bought a 2 pack of red and blue bicycle cards for 6 dollars at target to practice learning how to shuffle and do magic tricks but they are extremely hard to bend. When I try to ruffle them they don't come out individually and instead come out in clumps. I see youtube videos on how to shuffle cards they seem to bend and ruffle them so easily. I was wondering if I might have gotten a faulty deck or if there is something i'm doing wrong that makes them so hard to bend and so hard to control.

I recently bought a 2 pack of red and blue bicycle cards for 6 dollars at target to practice learning how to shuffle and do magic tricks but they are extremely hard to bend. When I try to ruffle them they don't come out individually and instead come out in clumps. I see youtube videos on how to shuffle cards they seem to bend and ruffle them so easily. I was wondering if I might have gotten a faulty deck or if there is something i'm doing wrong that makes them so hard to bend and so hard to control.
Hello new member, your Bikes are completely normal. They are always stiff. First try to smooth the rough edges by rubbing them on a pair of jeans. To break them in I like to spring the cards ( but don't try to do a big spring) keep your hands close together. I also like to inflate the deck. If you don't know what that is look up "fat deck principle" or "inflated deck". And just keep shuffling them. But do it over a table. Good luck.

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Welcome to our realm! I'm assuming you are just starting out, as you are still learning how to shuffle? First off, Cards are stiff when you first get them. Generally, they need to be broken in, but since you don't know how to shuffle yet, you can;t very well do most of the things to break them in.

So, Riffle Shuffling is not nearly as easy as it looks. The cards will come out in clumps when you first start. Don't worry. You just need to keep practicing. It is ridiculously hard when you start, but you will get there. It took me a week to learn how to do a riffle shuffle correctly, and another month to perfect my riffle shuffle. Just sit in your room, or wherever, and practice shuffling. Good luck!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results