It's Not Just Magic

Jun 18, 2019
West Bengal, India
Corona Virus.

DISCLAIMER:- This thread is not magic-related, and of course it is totally up to the moderators discretion whether they keep this thread or remove it, that goes without me saying it. I am also aware that information is available everywher and we don't need a thread on a forum about magic for that. But I'm also aware that fake news is rampant, surprisingly very few people look into correct sources, with the lack of time these days (I surprise myself too, sometimes). Which is why I thought that it won't hurt to have at least a single thread during these troubled times to remind everybody of certain things related to the COVID-19. Rest is up to the discretion of those older and wiser than me, no sarcasm :)

Hello.

The reality of the dangers of Corona Virus has hit me just now. The context:-

In India, like many other countries, we have a national exam in tenth and twelfth standard. I was in the middle of giving my tenth standard national exams, which were spread across a month. The twelfth standard exams are even more important because admission to colleges depends on that.

All of them have been postponed.

Hence, to remind everybody certain things (and also inform myself) here's certain true, WHO-certified things people should do and not do. The website has been linked at the end, while I've reiterated certain important points which many are forgetting sometimes.

1) MASKS:- With the virus spreading more and more, masks are very important. And they have also become a rare resource. Hence remember, we do NOT need a mask if we don't suffer from the disease OR are treating somebody who does. That is a wastage of masks. Completely. I understand it's natural to make sure that we ourselves and our loved ones have as much of protection as possible even if necessary, keep in mind that there are organizations in DESPERATE need of masks right now. So even if you get yourself a mask, don't hoard them. Don't ten of them ''just in case''.

Moreover, check if your masks are disposable or not, because then they're just a use-once item.

Remember also that the virus is pretty large. A mask for everyday use would do the trick for this virus, so make sure nobody's tricking you into spending a million dollars for a mask you'd wear in a place which has seen a nuclear accident or something.

2) TRANSMISSION:- The Virus is heavy. Hence the chances of it entering right you just because you're somewhere a patient has been previously is negligible. Transmission happens when you touch surfaces where the virus lands. Since we can't help what we touch, let's all resolve to wash our hands. It si kind of awkward to acknowledge how often we touch our eyes, mouth and well... our noses. But hey, awkwardness is better than COVID-19! You have the freedom to, erm, touch anywhere AFTER washing your hands. When you come back home from anywhere outside, wash your hands first. Before sitting to eat food, after using the toilet, wash your hands. These are normal cleanliness measures but especially now, they're life-saving.

3) WASHING HANDS:- You don't need pure alcohol to wash your hands. Similarly, an alcohol based sanitizer isn't a must. Your usual cake of soap will do the trick magnificently. Again, sanitizers have become a rare resource too, make sure nobody tricks you into splurging for them too much. Yes sanitzers are necessary for when you're outside and don't have an access to soap and water but otherwise the old-school habit does the job. It almost makes me wonder if God sent the virus to make sure we all follow the cleanliness rules we've all forgotten? Not trying to make light of the matter though.

4) DOOMED:- Actually, no. You're not really doomed if you acquire the virus somehow. The virus isn't the most resilient. It cannot withstand temperature changes (yet). Your immunity can trump it very well. Sadly, vaccines and drugs haven't yet been created for this virus. I'd love a cure of course but if prevention's where it's at right now, make sure you it justice.

5) SUSCEPTIBILITY:- Who are those people boasting that young and healthy men and women can't get affected? I'll personally make sure they get a 10 day lecture from WHO -_-. 19-year old to 29- year old healthy and well-abled men have been affected. Hence go and wash your hands regardless how strong you are, John Cena.

6) FEAR:- Good news--- Despite the figures, despite the numbers, for most people living in most regions, the dangers of getting attacked to this virus is very less! So calm down. We recently had a case where people didn't want to attend a funeral of a person who'd died from Corona. As long as the body is cremated, you don't need to worry. Remember, do not panic BUT also don't be extremely casual. Wash. Your. Hands.

Maintain a metre distance from people sneezing and coughing though. That's just an emergency measure we must observe. Although of course, if you're absolutely sure that under no circumstance have they been infected, stand right close to the when they sneeze, by all means. Another fun fact despite the joke:- SNEEZING IS NOT A SYMPTOM OF THE CORONA VIRUS.

Here's the article

https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/q-a-coronaviruses

Please stay safe and wash your freaking hands!!

Love all of you :)

Reactions: Theorist19
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results