Jason England - Palming

Aug 20, 2010
Practicing
I am thinking of getting one of Jason's palming 1 on 1's. I was wondering which one I should get. In the demo for the gambler's cop, Jason palms off the bottom...Can it be used to take cards off of the top? I am also going to buy the MacMillan Switch if that makes a difference. I've heard the gambler's cop is used in the switch. Is it taught at all?

Thanks.

Feb 17, 2010
Moscow, Russia
I am thinking of getting one of Jason's palming 1 on 1's. I was wondering which one I should get. In the demo for the gambler's cop, Jason palms off the bottom...Can it be used to take cards off of the top? I am also going to buy the MacMillan Switch if that makes a difference. I've heard the gambler's cop is used in the switch. Is it taught at all?

Thanks.
As I know, Gambler's cop can also be used to palm the bottom card. In order to palm the top cards, you have to control them to the bottom, indeed.

Sep 2, 2007
London

Thanks.

The Macmillan switch uses a variation of the gamblers' flat palm, not the gamblers cop.

unknown, who cares? thats like saying i can double lift from the bottom, its the same move. No flashes are done if the from the bottom is performed properly, and the from the top method just doesn't look good. Just saying, sometimes theory is better as theory.

Aug 20, 2010
Practicing
unknown, who cares? thats like saying i can double lift from the bottom, its the same move. No flashes are done if the from the bottom is performed properly, and the from the top method just doesn't look good. Just saying, sometimes theory is better as theory.

I think he posted just to help me decide better lol. I thought it looked okay from the top. I asked if it could be used to palm
off the top. All he did was answer. Everyones got their own opinion though :). I'll respect that.

Jun 10, 2010
The type of palm in the MacMillan switch is covered by Jason England, and it is indeed a variation of the gambler's flat palm. He also goes into detail of how to get from the variation palm to a regular top palm, and if I remember correctly, to get from a palm to the variation used in the trick. I would get the palming fundamentals one. Teaches you two ways to top-palm a card and one way to bottom-palm a card (or multiple cards, depending on the situation. He uses the four aces when palming in this 1-on-1).

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 30, 2010
Tusk, North Carolina
Gambler's cop takes cards off the bottom of the deck, no doubt about it
The MacMillan switch is a great move if you're in the right situation. It uses a variation to the Gambler's flat palm and Jason covers the MacMillan palm extensively and the flat palm just a little bit.
England's palming fundamentals 1 on 1 is also a very good video, he goes over the bottom palm and ways to top the deck that can be very deceptive if done correctly

Feb 4, 2008
I strongly recommend just getting "Fundamentals." It is a fabulous visual resource that will get you started on most of the techniques you are interested in. It does not cover the gambler's cop but it will cover his palming fundamentals, McMillan switch, and the Diagonal Palm shift. It also covers bottom deals, second deals, and some shuffling and cutting techniques. I think you will find that sooner or later you will want to learn that stuff anyway.

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
I strongly recommend just getting "Fundamentals." It is a fabulous visual resource that will get you started on most of the techniques you are interested in. It does not cover the gambler's cop but it will cover his palming fundamentals, McMillan switch, and the Diagonal Palm shift. It also covers bottom deals, second deals, and some shuffling and cutting techniques. I think you will find that sooner or later you will want to learn that stuff anyway.

I think you mean Foundations. :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results