Jason England

Aug 30, 2008
Florida
I'm new to magic and sleight of hand, I've been doing it for a year now. I've kind of always wanted to do gambling sleights and i think I'm ready for them. I was looking at Jason England's stuff and realized that this guy is AMAZING! and then i started wondering...

Why doesn't he put out a DVD series on Gambling Sleights?:confused:

I'm thinking about buying the 1 on 1 videos so i can learn, but they are too expensive to get them all. I would gladly buy a SET of all the sleights if it would save me a couple dollars.

Dec 4, 2008
Jason England did have a dvd out a while ago called the Unreal Work. I don't think any of the stuff from the 1-on-1 section is on that dvd. I heard that the dvd was good, but unfortunately I haven't been able to find a copy of it anywhere. Paul Wilson was also on that dvd and it was nothing but gambling sleights. He is also on the True Astonishment dvd set. He teaches a card muck on the True Astonishments dvd set. It is a cookie that you have to find.

Jan 13, 2008
Well, T11 put out a set of Dan Sperry's 1-on-1's before...maybe they'll put out a set of England's 1-on-1's? Who knows?! :)

Oct 9, 2008
Gardena,CA
Jason England did have a dvd out a while ago called the Unreal Work. I don't think any of the stuff from the 1-on-1 section is on that dvd. I heard that the dvd was good, but unfortunately I haven't been able to find a copy of it anywhere. Paul Wilson was also on that dvd and it was nothing but gambling sleights. He is also on the True Astonishment dvd set. He teaches a card muck on the True Astonishments dvd set. It is a cookie that you have to find.

naw that switch thing that just was a one-on -one was on that dvd

Dec 4, 2008
I happen to have all of the 1-on-1s of jason england. they are all good, and I think in total I spent $82 on them. I would definitely suggest the second deal and the push through shuffle because they can be learned the quickest out of all of his videos. I constantly use the push through shuffle in magic too. So I would start off with those two, and if you like those, then go ahead and download some of the others. I am currently working on the center deal, and it is very difficult to do well.

Aug 18, 2008
It would be expensive to buy all the 1 on 1's but you really shouldnt need to. All of the deals are difficult and will take you years to master. Start out with the basics. Buy the second strike deal and bottom deal and work from there. You may find out you don't enjoy gambling moves like that. Take it slow.

Jul 8, 2008
He's featured in a lot of things. Steve Forte's new DVD has him in it and there are a couple things with Mike Caveney I think.

Dec 29, 2008
Colorado
If you are really intrested in gambling slights, but dont want to spend tons of cash to get started, try picking up a copy of "Expert at the Card Table" by S.W. Erdnase. I think there is even a legal free pdf out on the web somewhere. Great place to start.

Aug 30, 2008
Florida
Thanks!

It would be expensive to buy all the 1 on 1's but you really shouldnt need to. All of the deals are difficult and will take you years to master. Start out with the basics. Buy the second strike deal and bottom deal and work from there. You may find out you don't enjoy gambling moves like that. Take it slow.

Thanks that's what i was kinda thinking of starting with the second deal and the push through... maybe even the diagonal palm shift. That Greek deal looks like very appealing, but i already know I'm not ready for that one yet. I can palm about as well as palming gets, and the macmillin switch looks like a great bonus for a DVD/1 on 1 set. I think i'll give gambling sleights a rest for a while and finish absorbing PH's TA. I think i know how to do the push through, so I'll probably be working on that!

Thanks Everyone!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results