Jesse's Product Reviews - 1

Oct 14, 2018
Kick The Monte

Hi guys, Jesse James here. I recently got the chance to take a look at this new little gem, from Justin Miller called Kick The Monte (KTM). He's selling it on his site, which I'll post later, and I must say, forget the monte... this kicks the ass!

Even if you already have a 3 card monte in your repertoire, like I do, you'll still probably want to take a look at this. KTM is a combination of a few ideas that will leave your spectator stunned. The way this routine is set up, it fits great after a couple of effects with a signed card, but also as a stand alone effect. It gets the point across right away, that you mean business, so you can open with it, it can be a segue between a couple ideas, so you can use it in the middle of a set, and it hits hard enough to finish a card set with it as well. We magicians forget exactly how powerful simple ideas in magic are. After all, a lot of magicians today won't even use a thumbtip because they forget the importance of 'effect'. I can tell Justin has not forgotten this, not only here but other routines he's been doing lately. This routine sets something up, then disregards it just long enough for you to have a call back moment at the end. Like a great comedian referencing an earlier joke. You put your cards away and maybe do some other effects, but ultimately come back for one last thing.

EFFECT: I was going to describe it in detail, but there's a video demo on his site. https://www.mentalsights.com/inner-circle

There's a couple versions of the effect as well, the first one being heavier on the sleights and what I'd call intermediate to advanced, but it's completely impromptu. This version can use a borrowed or unprepared deck of cards and will hit just as strong, with the right presentation. This is currently the version I'm using, but I plan to work on/start using the semi-gimmicked version very soon.
The second version has a light preparation to it, but will be easy to add to a borrowed deck of cards with a little thought. You'll be able to whip up this version with a quick visit to your nearest convenience store. I think this version has a lot of magic to it and will make it a little easier if you're not as accustomed to heavier sleight of hand while performing.

I personally got both versions in the combo pack and will learn them both. I figure this way I'm always ready with this. It's refreshing to see a great effect that only uses a few cards at a time. I use stand-up monte a lot when I'm performing, but people always suspect there's something up with the cards, because they are ready in my pocket and such. With KTM, you are using a few cards from the deck you are using and it comes off very fair and clean. Hell, if you wanted to, you can even let them choose 'the money card and distraction cards' themselves. In a nutshell, I'll give you my quick review:

"Kick The Monte is a visual and mental keleidescope of moments for the spectator to ponder upon just long enough to be zapped again multiple times over. At the end, you leave them with a moment of total recall when the money card they are holding becomes the card they signed or merely thought of earlier in the night, staring them back in the face!"

Oh yeah, I almost forgot..
THERE ARE ONLY 48HRS LEFT TO GET THIS EFFECT BEFORE IT'S GONE. (for real)
Also, because this is time sensitive... there's two BIG BONUSES that have been added to this project... HOMING MONTE and Greg Holyroyds Idea, and there's even a couple of thoughts by none other than PAUL GREEN!

I bet you'll love Homing Monte just as much as KTM!

Anyway, thanks for taking a sec to read this, guys. Talk to you soon!

Jesse James

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results