Jon Armstrong DVDS

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I need to know this as well because this is a set I may buy with X-mas money. I only do close up and strolling. I am not into stage or parlor.

Does anyone have this set yet?

Oct 11, 2007
yes im kind of in the same boat, i do close up/strolling but also trying to think of a parlor show, but definitely not stage work. Which i know its close up but kind of wanting to know what to expect if its more parlor or more strolling

May 27, 2008
WV
www.sinimagic.com
Sorry, i don't have time for a full review at the moment but I can say these DVD's are great. I've added 3 routines into my working repertoire. Jon provides a lot of great insight in addition to the tricks and routines taught.

Jan 10, 2008
Jon Armstrong's L&L DVDs are a very useful set if you are interested in strolling/walk-around/or restaurant work. I really don't remember seeing anything in these DVDs that were too complicated, and most of the tricks take up very little space to perform. But then again, I have friends that work in the restaurant business and that do corporate strolling magic that perform effects like the Chop Cup, and the Malini Egg Bag, and I never thought you could get away with those in walk-around and restaurant but apparently you can with enough practice.
If you would like some insight as to the quality of the magic on Jon Armstrong's L&L DVDs, pick up Reel Magic Magic Issue #11 for 10 dollars, he performs and explains a trick from there called "What If?". That one trick sparked my interest enough to invest in the set and I was not disappointed at all. A wonderful collection of magic, and some concepts introduced on those DVDs I have never heard or read before. It's definitely worth checking out if you have the money to do so.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Thanks industrial child. I may pick this up after I get some X-mas money or gig money. Is there one DVD that stands out then the others or are their gems sparactically placed on each DVD making you buy the entire set?

Jan 10, 2008
No problem guys, I'm glad my two cents came across in a positive way. As for the question about if anyone stands out in particular? I feel that it's merely up to your personal preference. I'd suggest going to www.llpub.com and checking out the descriptions of the tricks. Personally, I don't think you could go wrong with either one. Everyone is a mixed bag of goodies. No fillers, like when your a kid at halloween and trick or treating, feeling good, getting all sorts of bad ass candy, but then there was always that old couple that gave you that nasty hard candy with no wrapper on it. You know the candy that tastes like a cross between purple and meatloaf. Well...This mixed bag have SNICKERS!!! and SKITTLES!!! taste the rainbow :D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results