Jumbo or regular sized index?

Hi..
I am thinking of bying a brick of jumbo sized index bikes, and I am wondering why I never see anyone using them in magic.
Is there a reason for this? Are they harder to do doubles with or anything like that?
I am fairly new to card magic and have very little experience with cards other than standard bikes..
I need you opinion!

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I don't believe they're harder to perform with or anything. Mostly it's out of habit I think. The only thing that comes to mind is that jumbos look bad in a fan for flourishers.

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
I don't like the look of jumbos at all. First time I saw somebody use them, I was like "Ugh, what are those." Seriously, I'd stick with standard bikes, due to the aesthetics.

Jun 22, 2008
Yeah, same card stock, I personally find them a bid... unattractive, only reason i don't use them.

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
I actually prefer them. Some times when a spectator picks a card they tend to focus on the design and the number of pips rather than the index. This frequently happens in the 7 8 9 range. This avoids that problem as the attention is focused into the area of the index. Also it makes it easier to see from a distance which is great for parlor shows.

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
I actually prefer them. Some times when a spectator picks a card they tend to focus on the design and the number of pips rather than the index. This frequently happens in the 7 8 9 range. This avoids that problem as the attention is focused into the area of the index. Also it makes it easier to see from a distance which is great for parlor shows.

EXACTLY.

This is why I have been using Jumbos for years.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results