Jumping coins

Jul 8, 2008
Tintagel
I sure that this concept that I have been working on has been around for a very long time but if anyone has heard of an effect like this please point me in the right direction I will appriciate it greatly.

Here I go

-Imagine going up to a spectator and asking for some change. Taking a single coin from them you produce a marker pen and mark one of the sides with a symbol of your choosing, also the date can be noted if you wish. Using your 'magical' abilities you completly vanish the coin. With no funny moves the marked coin can be found anywhere you desire, the other side of the room, in another room, in a sealed envolope that is held by a spectator, in the spectators pocket etc. The marks and date match to the one that was vanished. Also you could prove to be absolutly clean your pockets could be emptied and no marked coin would be found.

-Also another application would be as a straight two coin transposition, with two coins of the same value mark one, with a symbol. Place the unmarked coin in the spectators hands. Place the marked one in your hand give it a squeeze and the two coins instantly switch places.

-I haven't tried this application but in theory you could vanish a marked coin make it appear where ever you wanted pick it up from an impossible location. Vanish the signed coin again and make it appear somewhere more impossible then vanish it again and make it appear anywhere again etc you get my drift...

Like I said before I'm sure that this concept has been around for a long time. I just wanted to hear some of your thoughts on this and to hear your experience on this matter. As there are so many effects around I just wanted to make the right choice.

All comments are appriciated and thanks for taking the time to read through my thread

kind regards

matt

Jul 8, 2008
Tintagel
this sounds awesome.
Any source where I can learn this?
this concept would fit perfectly together with sick, I think

Well thats the question I am asking I originally wanted to perform doc daley's last trick with coins. I asked a friend that has been performing for over 50 years if he could help me with this and he suggested using a certain object and using my imagination I stuck routines together that would be possible. I haven't found anywhere that has anything similar so I asked here if any one could help.

matt

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Heyy!

This sounds good. Without knowing the work behind it, I couldn't say one way or the other whether it's been done before.
It sounds great either way!

If you want further help, shoot me another PM, you know I don't mind giving you a hand!

And, PS, lecturing could be an option... Do I have your email address??

CL

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results