Just a bit of fun.

Jul 26, 2016
Wazzier,

Thank you for sharing your work with us. I didn't comment on this video when I first watched it several days ago. Although I profoundly was moved, honestly, I wasn't sure how to process it. But now that it has percolated and been digested in both my conscious and subconscious mind, I feel compelled to share some thoughts on it.

First, in a word: Brilliant. It is a supremely creative blending of elements: origami (the bird is wonderful), pantomime, artistic videography and composition, the old-time lamenting blues music underscoring the feeling of solitude and loneliness experienced by so many in the last year and a quarter, which is underscored by your being sparsely clothed in the dusty attic, and yes, of course, the prominent mask.

Last, but not least, the glorious magical ending of the bird taking flight. My interpretation of the bird is as a symbol of freedom - whether it be for the living, who are emerging from the cage of isolation forged by the torch of the pandemic, or for those who have passed on at its hands, transcending into the next dimension, now free from the vulnerabilities, frailties, and constraints of the physical body.

Wazzier,

Thank you for sharing your work with us. I didn't comment on this video when I first watched it several days ago. Although I profoundly was moved, honestly, I wasn't sure how to process it. But now that it has percolated and been digested in both my conscious and subconscious mind, I feel compelled to share some thoughts on it.

First, in a word: Brilliant. It is a supremely creative blending of elements: origami (the bird is wonderful), pantomime, artistic videography and composition, the old-time lamenting blues music underscoring the feeling of solitude and loneliness experienced by so many in the last year and a quarter, which is underscored by your being sparsely clothed in the dusty attic, and yes, of course, the prominent mask.

Last, but not least, the glorious magical ending of the bird taking flight. My interpretation of the bird is as a symbol of freedom - whether it be for the living, who are emerging from the cage of isolation forged by the torch of the pandemic, or for those who have passed on at its hands, transcending into the next dimension, now free from the vulnerabilities, frailties, and constraints of the physical body.

Its a pleasure reading your formulation and understanding of the piece.. Mine may be a little differed but my goal is exactly that, to bring a little emotion and "out of the box" thinking. Im excited it stuck with you a bit and thank you again for the time to give me a little feedback, it is appreciated mate. Take care.

Well done. The most noticeable thing is that YOU were interested in what you were doing. So much magic is done with the magician viewing their performance as something trivial. If you treat your magic as interesting, your audience will do the same. As @Al e Cat Dabra said, the performance elements were all there.

Thank you for watching! The performances are directed from hard hitting and vulnerable moments in my life and some beautiful ones as well. So they certainly mean a lot to me, I wish I could do them more justice really.. But im always learning so we'll see what the next one brings :)

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
www.hermitmagic.com
I have to admit to being initially put off of this video because of your lack of a shirt, the music, and the general vibe of the beginning... but now that I've finally watched it in full, I was all the more impressed. My own cynicism about the appearance of your video kept me skeptical that I'd witness any "good magic", and then when I did, I was blown away even more. I was unprepared for that bird to take off, and when it did, I was left speechless and a little ashamed that I was so quick to judge.

In short, well done!

I have to admit to being initially put off of this video because of your lack of a shirt, the music, and the general vibe of the beginning... but now that I've finally watched it in full, I was all the more impressed. My own cynicism about the appearance of your video kept me skeptical that I'd witness any "good magic", and then when I did, I was blown away even more. I was unprepared for that bird to take off, and when it did, I was left speechless and a little ashamed that I was so quick to judge.

In short, well done!

I certainly understand your judgments Scott, I had similar concerns filming it haha. Thank you for the kind words mate, im glad you liked it. Cheers!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results