Just A New Face

Hey! I've been kinda watchin the site for the better part of the year and just decided to join the fun. First thing I was interested in was the cards not the magic. My grandmother tought me how to play poker when I was only three, so i've had this really weird thing for cards since. The magic started when I was in fifth grade and I saw this kid fold a handkerchief and make the middle of it rise off the table. After about two or three times of watching him, I went home with a handkerchief, a needle, some thread and a paperclip and I made something that had the same effect but looked like hell lol. While I didn't start trying to learn anything serious after that, it did keep my interest for a very long time. I bought a deck of Guardians off of someone elses site and when I got the T11 advert card I hit the site. When I saw d+m's video for the Guardians, I knew I wanted to learn how the hell to do that. So right now I'm a Practicing Flourisher, but not a good one lol. I'm also just now trying to pick up some sleight of hand. Btw, the name has nothing to do with magic. It started out with my pictures lol. If you wanna know anything else, hit up my homepage link... or just ask lol.

I hope to pass out a lot of "Thank You"s as my time on this site grows. So i'll start now.

Thank You (in advance)

Nov 18, 2008
CA
Cool story. Welcome to the forums, i think you'll enjoy them. Oh and your signature is awesome.

Dec 12, 2008
U.S.
Yes. Welcome. I know that you will like it here. If you wish to learn card effects as well as flourishes you may want to check out "The Trilogy." It can be bought here and offers some great stuff. Fair Warning: Some of the flourishes are VERY tricky but practice and you'll get them.

TheDarkMagic

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 12, 2008
U.S.
Waht are you talking about dude? How'd you edit the signature like that? Do yuo just quote then delete and change? Who's Dylan P. anyway.

TheDarkMagic

Nov 18, 2008
CA
OH MY god !!!!!! the quote just changed without me editing it!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!! *brain explodes*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
What i suggest is, get Xtreme Beginners by De'vo (yes, its spelled like that). It'll teach a lot of basic moves like the charlier cut and it also has a whole hour devoted to fanning. After you get that, then you can get the flourishes dvd. But after you get the flourishes dvd, dont buy anything else. Master the stuff you already have and then create your own flourishes from there. The trap that many people fall is is that they think they can only do the flourishes that other people make. Be creative, make your own, but buy the 2 dvds i suggested so you have a firm foundation.

Hold on a second. I don't want anyone to think i'm a complete novice lol. I already have XB1 & XB2. I picked them up recently. And somewhere down the line i'll probably pick up the other two manipulation DVDs he put out aswell. (The Cobra Cut Collection & Cradle To The Grave) But I really do appreciate how nice everyone around her is.

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
Hold on a second. I don't want anyone to think i'm a complete novice lol. I already have XB1 & XB2. I picked them up recently. And somewhere down the line i'll probably pick up the other two manipulation DVDs he put out aswell. (The Cobra Cut Collection & Cradle To The Grave) But I really do appreciate how nice everyone around her is.

Oh, well in that case, you're off to a good start. I just didn't want you to only do flourishes from other people, cuz it gets boring after a while.

Well thanks. What I usually do, ok, something simple like the hot shot cut. I had a hard time with the hand motion so I came up with a very simple modification that works for me. It's not as flashy to start off with but you end up with the card sticking out the same way. lol. But I understand exactly what you're saying.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results