Justin Miller's Trans-Fixed with Inspiration by Morgan Bondett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

Today, I got an email from Justin Miller about his new effect, Transfixed. Here's the email...
JM's newsletter said:
Imagine being able to cause two signatures to change places in a nano second!

Imagine being able to make ink obey your command!

Now imagine being able to cause those two signatures becoming one!

Welcome to Trans-Fixed.....

Trans-Fixed has floored some of the biggest names in magic already! And now it can be yours.

This is an underground DVD right now..let me explain.

I want Trans-Fixed to be performed in circles for a while, meaning I do not want it to be served to the masses to quickly. It is only being offered to those who come to my lectures, and conventions I lecture or perform at, and to those of you who are my loyal customers. Later it will be shot pro. With Kozmo Magic, with all the bells and whistles you expect from Kozmo Magic. But for now I am keeping this underground for a bit. I will not be going on the cafe or any other forums promoting this..no hype just straight forward kick-you-in-your-teeth magic!

Some points to make about the DVD:

* It was shot with a very high-quality and very expensive web-cam.
* It was shot in my home.

But even though all the above is true, you are still getting an all drag-out-fight for your life trick that will make them think that you are an alien..no question!

Here are some screen shots of the DVD menu:

And the teaching..well..you expect less?

Here is what you get:

* An instructional DVD with a performance of Trans-Fixed and an explanation.
* 20 refill gimmicks

Go to http://www.closeupjm.com/transfixednew.htm to order.
I have all of Justin's products, and they're all simply brilliant, and am considering getting Transfixed too (it seems like the kind of thing that would fit my style).

The problem is...I don't know what the effect is. I mean, I got from the newsletter that it's some kind of signature transposition and joining, but other than that, I know nothing about it.

Now I seriously doubt that anyone has bought the product yet (seeing as it was released today), but has anyone seen this effect performed (maybe by Justin at one of his lectures or are riends with him so you know about it) and can give an explanation of the effect for all us potential buyers?

Thanks!

Ryan

It's available for the public to see on his website (it's a link on the menu, which is publicly viewable), so I assumed it would be okay to post about.

Justin, if you want me to remove this, just say so and I'll remove my post and request this thread be deleted. I didn't mean any harm - just wanted to know a little more about the effect.

Sep 9, 2007
"I want Trans-Fixed to be performed in circles for a while, meaning I do not want it to be served to the masses to quickly. It is only being offered to those who come to my lectures, and conventions I lecture or perform at, and to those of you who are my loyal customers.":Quote

^^
Thats why.:rolleyes:

It's called marketing. If he said "I want everyone to know how to do this and i want it to completely saturate the market" I doubt it would feel as special.

Sep 1, 2007
I am sure this is going to get deleted, but in an effort to set the
record (which did get deleted) straight:

My name is Aaron DeLong. I had an idea for an Anniversary Waltz.
Morgan Bondett is my friend. I told Morgan what I wanted to do, but
didn't know how to pull it off. Within days, Morgan had a wicked cool
solution and had hammered out the entire effect, handling and all.
That was September 2005. We named it Completely Bondett - Morgan's
last name is Bondett and we thought it was a cool play on words.
Neither here nor there, but this is going to be the record so I
thought I'd include it.

Fast forward to the summer of 2006. I met Justin Miller. I showed
Completely Bondett to Justin. He liked it. Asked me if I would teach
it to him. I did. He asked if he could perform it. I said yes as long
as he didn't show magicians. I even sent him the video via email, of
which I have a copy.

Fast forward to October 2007. Justin calls me and tells me he has a
new idea. What he describes to me is the effect I showed him. I told
him that. He says its different. I say ok. He is correct, the MODUS
OPERANDI is different, but the effect is the same.

I call him and tell him that if he is going to tell people that he got
the idea from me that he needs to credit Morgan. He tells me he
doesn't think he needs to do that because he isn't doing everything
from the routine I showed him. I said ok.

I am not one for getting my panties in a bunch over a card trick. I am
not mad, ****ed off or anything. I merely want the record to stand
true. Justin says he never saw Morgan's effect. Not true. I showed it
to him. It's where he got the inspiration.

Justin called me asking for credits and where to find info on the
effect I showed him. I gave him what I had. Justin was reminded before
he released Trans-Fixed that I showed him the effect and that it was a
creation of Morgan Bondett's. I asked him to include Morgan in the
credits. He declined.

Justin is then called out on a public forum and finally yields to a
creation credit. And everything is supposed to be ok now?

I don't think it is ok because Justin is going to make the money off
of someone else's idea. It's just wrong. Morgan isn't in the business
of peddling magic like Justin is. But that doesn't make it any less
wrong.

Again, I am not here attacking Justin. So all of you haters out there
should simply hear the complaints of someone that stands to benefit
nothing from this... Me. I am tired of ideas getting ripped and people
making money off of everyone else's ideas. Sell first, get permission
and credits later. It's not how it should be. Even if the MODUS
OPERANDI is different. Permission should be sought, credits in order,
and then release it.

Cheers,

Aaron DeLong

Last edited by a moderator:
well it seems like Aaron De long is trying to flame a dead ember.
Lets let you all in the real truth not just one side of a muddy coin.

2 days ago I was accused by Tyler Wilson of being a thief and a liar.
I was accused of stealing Morgan bondetts trick.
Never met Morgan, never met Tyler.
flash-back--

Aaron De long said he wanted to show me something like 2-3 yrs ago at a rest. called bar-Louis. He started to perform it but in the middle of it forgot most of routine. He then said he remembered the last part which he then proceeded to show me Ryan Swigarts kick-back. I thought cool.

fast forward..no rewind..ok pause.

About 1 yr a go I wanted to work out routine that is now trans-fixed.
I was having a trouble on the last part.
Just over 1 yr ago I met a guy named Aron Pins. from APR productions..great guy great chops. he showed me something with a card transpose that had some great potential. i then added the middle of trans-fixed which i have had for over 5 yrs in my archives. There was one move i did not like in his so I went a totally different way with mine than he did with his. He got credit in the DVD

I started pulling out trans-fixed again and playing with it. I even changed a lot of what it was originally. Added a IMP switch and some other bits a of business.

OK un-pause..Play.

I was sitting at my desk and I was still missing the last part. I called Aaron and asked him about something he showed me with a kick-back idea that night (because that is all he showed me) he reminded me that that was Ryan's move. I said gotcha. After looking at my routine and what he showed me I was informed that it was not the same but that I now knew what I wanted to end it with not kick-back or anything he showed me because just by talking with him sparked something that I knew would work.

I wanted to credit him fully for that spark. He then said if you credit me then credit this guy Morgan (hardly speech of a friend). I said why would I credit him if I am not using his trick..why would I think its his when all I saw was the ENDING..and that is where i made the mistake. I should have credited Morgan for the idea that I DID come up with ind. NOT because I STOLE IT OR WAS SHOWN IT. I was not. I was never sent a video by Aaron and all I saw Aaron do was kick-back which is not in trans-fixed. So here is what I said in the credits. "I would like to thank Aaron De long for giving me a creative spark for the ending of trans-fixed. As what he showed me is not actually in trans-fixed the spark came from talking with him. I read that to Aaron he then said these exact words..OK SOUNDS GOOD I AM HAPPY WITH THAT. I should have recorded that coversation...I learned my lesson and lesson was applied.

Now once I was made aware of this mistake I made..I fixed it. There was a pretty lengthy thread that was started on the trick by someone at the café. And that was where Tyler made these accusation because Aaron went off to Morgan and said i stole his idea. the MOMENT which was AM i learned of this i found Morgans web-site and called him up. At first it was heated but we both calmed down and apologized about the situation and worked it out as grown adults. i admitted where i was wrong and I asked him what he would like me to do. He said all he wanted was to get the proper credit and that was it. I went a few steps further. i changed the site to give him proper credit in the add and added his site to mine via a link. I now included a WRITTEN copy in EVERY existing Trans-Fixed that gives him full and proper credit for the ending.
I made a PUBLIC apology on the café I sent out a special e-mail to all my customers which is over 1000 at the moment of the mistake I made. And I am re-shooting the DVD to INCLUDE Morgans ending and give him full and proper credit. This response triggered a welcome at the café and from Tyler himself.

Now Morgan and myself do not agree to all the points but we both came to an agreement we were happy with. I called him back to tell him all I had done and planned to do with the crediting issue and he was more than happy...by the way remember i told you i learned my lesson from Aaron..EVERY PHONE CONVERSATION WITH MORGAN WAS RECORDED...cannot use it in court but I can use it to back up what i say here if need be.

Morgan then tells me he will go on the café and say his peace and tell everyone things have been made right.

Enter delong..he decides he is going to go on the café and post what you now see above this post. After all is said and done the fire has been put out (remember i have phone conversations to prove this) he wants to flame a dying ember..you see its Aaron's words against mine when it comes to Moran so Morgan now wants to change his story...all because he believes Aaron words over mine...thats understandable after all they are best Friends.

So I call Moran last night and ask him what the deal is?

He has changed is story because he believes Aaron. I called him up and asked him OK Morgan what would you like me to do you tell me and I will do it....no call back from Morgan yet.

So that is the FULL story. I made a mistake i corrected that mistake, Morgan and i came to an agreement that we were both happy with..and now the agreement has been broken.

I am not going to stop selling my trick.
I did not steal anything.
I did make a mistake and corrected it.

Oh and just so all you guys know how much I care about this. I currently have and have had a temp of 104 while pushing through all of this. this is a matter I take very seriously.

Make up your own mind. i have the phone conversations between me and Morgan to show you what Moran said.

I also had the café change the thread to say Justin Miller's Trans-Fixed with Inspiration by Morgan Bondett..I have asked the theory 11 guys to do the same.

Justin N. Miller

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Funny... when I showed Justin Morgan's version, he never mentioned having had something from 5 years prior in his archives. Could this information be made up? I have a tendency to believe so. Do you have anyone who saw what was in your archives 5 years ago? Will anyone stand with you on this? I have people who were there the weekend it was put into conception - and those that saw it the same year I showed it to you - Tyler Wilson and Nate Kranzo - to name a few. Which was summer 2006 by the way - at least, according to the email I sent you with the video in it. They are with me... do you have people with you?

The day you called me with the credit, I said it was fine, because after all, you weren't using the Kick-Back ending you had associated with Morgan. I was beside myself. I couldn't believe you were putting out an effect I had showed you. I was speechless and my first initial response is one that most people would have. However, I thought about it and called you back the next day and asked you to include Morgan as he is the one who made it happen. You said you didn't think it necessary. What was I supposed to do? Yell at you? I'm not your daddy.

Oh, I did send you the vid. I have the email as proof. I did teach you the full routine. I worked out the routine right in front of you. You remember right... I needed to work through it to remember it. I showed you the whole thing and taught it to you. You asked permission to perform it. You called me and told me that your audiences were loving it. I still have the card with your name and mine on it from the night I showed it to you. (Don't ask)

If you already had a version from 5 years ago, why would you want to perform the one I showed you? Maybe because it didn't exist? I don't know that as fact.

Sorry that you are having such a physical issue over this. I can't understand why. After all, if none of this were true, then it shouldn't be anything to address. You have vehemently tried to quiet this whole thing. Apologizing, updating websites, adding credits at lightning quick speed to cover this up. It's the principle of the thing. It shouldn't happen period. I don't think that people should support this kind of stuff.

Anyone that is having to do this much to backtrack and make ammends knows that it is wrong. Anyone getting physically ill over a card trick needs to have that looked into. I can't imagine what a burden that must be.

Aaron

Sep 1, 2007
One last thing here - Morgan was contacted in the middle of the night by Justin. He doesn't know Justin at all. He had no right to call him in the middle of the night. Of course his first conversation with Morgan at that hour was one that resulted in an appeasement. I would do the same to get him to let me alone so I could go to sleep.

As it stands now, Justin can't stand that I am saying these things. He keeps calling and calling and calling. Every 5 minutes last night. I have nothing to say about this Justin.

None of this was said to be a hater. Just that I don't approve of how you are handling any of this. I am allowed to feel that way. I can disagree. It seems to me that plenty of people disagree with you. They are just afraid of getting phone calls at 1:00 a.m. to talk about it. So they don't say anything.

Aaron

all I have to say to that is..yes I do have people.
yes i do have proof that i work on the IDEA not the trick itself but the idea over 5yrs ago.

You are just grabbing at straws now and they will see right through that.

Now you want to change the story around to phone calls and what not.

Morgan, in a recorder phone conversation said that HE APPRECIATED THE CALL AND THOUGHT I DID THE RIGHT THING. Why am I calling so much..Aaron would have you believe that it is because I want to cover everything up...really? then why did i call Morgan last night and say to him I was thinking about taking it off the market? Must be because of the millions of dollars to make off of this.

Aaron you are trying so hard to make me look bad but thats OK i forgive you...

Don't worry i will never call you again. At least Morgan is adult enough to see that as a sign of MAKING THINGS RIGHT not covering them up..once again a RECORDED CONVERSATION between me and Morgan.

Its seems to me if someone was serious about this whole thing they would answer their phone...who is serious and who is not will be left up to the public to decide. Aaron will try and get all his buddies (you are so convoluted Aaron who your real friends are) to make a case for him. Thats OK try as he will i open my life to anyone and if they have any questions wit ht his whole (what seemed to be resolved mess) please cal me at 740-657-3169. Good cover up on the phone thing..nice! And it was not EVERY 5 min. You see Aaron has a problem with exagerating. It was 3 times in about 15-20 minutes. left a message first called again, then left another message. Every 5 min.?if you exagerate on that what else could you be exagerating on?

Justin N. Miller

Oh and I was sick with the flu WAY before this happened it called having kids.

The crediting issue was resolved yesterday on the Magic Cafe. Justin stood up and held him self accountable. He took action immediately. He didn't wait weeks saying "I'm investigating this and trying to resolve this. Please be patient"( like many other folks I know have ). Justin corrected it immediately

Justin has said:

"I changed the site to give him proper credit in the ad and added his site to mine via a link. I now included a WRITTEN copy in EVERY existing Trans-Fixed that gives him full and proper credit for the ending". Morgan told Justin he was pleased with that. And when the DVD is reshot by Kozmo Magic, Morgan will be creditied

When someone admits they were wrong and makes amends, they deserve forgiveness and to be able to move on.

I know of no one on the planet that has not made mistakes, yet we all know plenty that can't admit to them. It takes a BIG person to admit it and correct it!

Sep 1, 2007
I am not trying to flame an ember. It's not over yet...

I haven't made anything up. I am not angry with you. I am going to point this kind of behaviour out. I am going to stand by the FACTS. I am not pulling anything. If anyone is interested in seeing who pulls this kind of stuff on a regular basis, do some research in cyber space.

Kris, what makes anyone deserving of forgiveness??? Have you not read your Bible? No one deserves forgiveness. Not one!

Justin doesn't deserve to be forgiven because he said "sorry". As a magic dealer and "creator", he deserves to have his dealings shown forth for what they are... The public has interest in seeing these kinds of things so that they can know who to support and who to avoid.

Let the world decide.

Aaron

Sep 1, 2007
Oh, and where is the proof that you had it 5 years ago. Careful now. I am a pretty resourceful guy. I'll check out the sources. Why aren't they chiming in for you now? Do they exist?

Aaron

Aaron,
yes let the world decide..and it seems they have.
Sales for trans-fixed and all my products have gone up 55% inthe past 2 days..

Thanks Aaron.

i think people here are seeing that the crediting issue is not really the problem I mean if it were (and I have an e-mail where mr delong says point blank "
I JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE MORGAN GETS THE PROPER CREDIT..he has and I am fine with it" Now if that were true why when that was taken care of does mr. delong still have problems with me...mmmmm

And by the way your get out of the way remark on the cafe...priceless.

I am here to stay.

Justin N. Miller

thank you all for the phone calls and support.

Sep 1, 2007
One last thing.. I am an open book too. My friends are more important to me than a card trick Justin. That is not something I can say for you. You betrayed me, which this is not the first time for that. You lied to the public, not the first time for that. You stole an idea for which you are now making money, not the first time for that either.

I have amazing friends and I will do anything to be there for them. Morgan's name and effect are what I am protecting, mainly because I feel like such a douche bag for showing this to you in the first place.

I know who you think is behind this... but it has never crossed his path.

Aaron

Sep 1, 2007
Okay Aaron stop trying to do some crazy new trick where you restrike a match that has already been lit and blown out. It is OVER, Justin APOLOGIZED, and Morgan is HAPPY. Justin stood up and has been a man about the whole thing and went through everything in his possibility to correct this and EVERYONE is happy with the outcome so drop it. It is done Trans-fixed is amazing so done. As for you and Justin I think he owes you a Thank You seeing as you helped his sales go up 55% in two days. So your next release Justin you stole, how you may ask: You turned invisible and unlocked the 84 number combination safe that is buried 163 ft underneath my house that is the best most amazing trick never witnessed by human eyes, and I will be pissed and say that no one everhas seen this and it will be huge overdramatic drama and I will threaten to sue you and ruin your reputation when in secret you split half your sells of the trick to me LOL since the drama will make your sales increase. Now thats marketing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results