Kainoa Harbottle's COINTOPIA

Mar 29, 2008
This is a review on Kainoa Harbottle's awesome book(let) Cointopia. The follow up to Coins On Edge(we will refer to it as COE in this review), which I will also review eventually, when I feel like I have the material down well enough, which will probably be several months.

Inside you get 24 pages of pure coingasm in a nice pamphlet with cool little drawings, a few routines, and some moves and productions that will surely add to your routine.

*CONTENTS*
Air Click
Plural Push-Through Changeover
Slapping Mutobe
Slapping 4 Compliments
Upside Down Spellbound
J.W. Grip Spellbound
Mutobe-Esque Spellbound
Fingertip Muscle Pass
Rolling Stone
Wolverine

Lets get going.

Air Click
A really, really good click pass, fools the eyes and the ears. Honestly one of the best click passes out there imo. Edge grip needs to be known.

Plural Push-Through Changeover
A hand to hand transfer of multiple coins. Done under the action of handing a coin from one hand to the other, needs practice but looks very nice when done. Plus you move the coins into edge, or nowhere palm(love it, not as much as mutobe palm tho.) which can be handy.

Slapping Mutobe
You place multiple coins into your hand, close it around them, slap your hands together and they are gone, slap again, they come back. Uses my favorite grip/palm, and looks damn good, cant complain.

Slapping 4 Compliments
This effect uses the previous 3 moves, sleights, utilities, whatever you prefer, and smashes them together with Kainoas hanging coin effects(from COE) to make my favorite routine from both books. Edge grip and knowledge from COE are needed, as well as lots of practice.

Upside Down Spellbound
Take the normal spellbound position, and flip it upside down. Its nice, a good thing to do after several other spellbound moves, because spectators know that if your hands upside down gravity would cause a hidden coin to fall...

J.W. Grip Spellbound
A spellbound using the J.W. grip. If you have the angles, the speed and the smoothness to pull this off, it will look amazing, plus, you end in the same position you started in, allowing you to do it over and over.

Mutobe-Esque Spellbound
A spellbound using my favorite palm? yeah, I cried. Knacky, and a little difficult to get used to, but it looks nice, and like the J.W. spellbound, you end in the same position as you start in. It also gave me inspiration for my own mutobe spellbounds and other mad mutobe moves.

Fingertip Muscle Pass
Just, awesome, best way to say it, its awesome. I love the muscle pass, and love this as well. Look it up and see it yourself, makes an awesome addition to 3 Fly, hey, I use it in mine.

Rolling Stone
Kind of hard to explain, but it utilizes Kainoas Steeple Chase Discrepency(COE, and this move is great) to make a routine a little more "stunning"

Wolverine
A unique 8 coin production that ends up with you looking like, well, wolverine. Despite some peoples opinions, I like this, dont know if I'll ever really perform it, but its really fun just to practice.

This stuff is not easy, its relatively advanced(being able to do silver dream does not make you advanced) if you are still having some slight trouble with Coinone or Cointwo, practice those some more then pick these up. They used to be able to be picked up at kainoland.com but Kainoa has suspended sales from his site, and might not be selling there any more, so you would have to get it elsewhere.

Its good, just like all his stuff, buy it all if you get the chance, this product recieves a 10/10 from me.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results