Kaos

Dose anyone here use/have Kaos.
Its my favorite effect by Danny G.
It was one of my first effects I bought.
i love it so much!
Its one of things things, most people in my community, only get to hear about.
but rarely anyone will see.
Please share any experience, tips, ideas on the trick! And I will share mine!

Any time I do kaos, I make it to were its not just a trick, but it defies all logic.
(Of course it dose not defy logic)
but I always always relax the people, gain there trust, and just be so relaxed when I do it.
And when and if I do it, every single time! The participant holding the cards on the glass, just drop the cards, and back away, staring at the card in my hand as I hold it up to my face, with there mouths open.
then after a few seconds, they will start laughing hysterically.
(On my good reactions, this is why I do it so rarely, is because if you make it to were its not something you will do all the time for anyone, its special in there minds)
Please share your tips, ideas, and experiences! Thanks so much.
I jut absolutely love this effect.
My only tip is this
Just Do It
I have been saying that alot lately. but ts true, don't think about what your doing, because all your doing, is having them hold the cards to teh window.
You know what I mean?

Thanks
Michael

Oct 25, 2008
Michigan
Kaos is a great trick. Its one that I practiced non stop and got it perfect, but couldn't find the balls to actually do it for anybody. For almost a year. Then one day someone asked me if I could make a card go thru a window...and I said yes. Doing that trick got some of the best reactions I had ever gotten. A whole room full of people standing there watching as that card came into view on the other side of the window. I'm smiling just thinking about it. It really is one of those tricks that caters to 'special' performances. If you do it all the time the amazement might wear off. When I was in high school I did that trick only once, a total of 20 people saw it, yet i cant even count the number of times i got asked if I was that one kid that pulled a card thru a window.

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
dude. I love kaos! I haven't performed it in awhile but it's really good.
I'm lucky because my high school has MANY MANY windows that would be perfect to do the trick on.

Jan 4, 2009
West Allis,WI
You know its a weird coincidence, I just performed Kaos at the mall down by me, and silence took your breath away.....over 25 people watched as I pulled the card thru inch by inch....but I have adapted 2 versions for the effect. One version they can sign the other they can't. Non- signing version is just like the original but I pull out a SEE-THRU card that they chose...once pulled thru i reveal. Once the spectators drop or gather the cards they will notice one card blank. My signed version just incorporates a color change to the back of the card....but i lost the gimmick awhile ago..it saddens me.....

Jan 13, 2008
Just to note, Daniel Garcia only taught the effect on the DVD, he didn't create it. It was created by Sean Beard. :)

Edit: Bah, beaten to it. :p

Oh man, I used to perform this all the time!! There's still a kid I showed it to 2 years ago who still asks me to do it everytime he sees me. I really need to do it more. I'll practice it and it's going straight back in the rep.*

* Rep - Short for repertoire. Deal wid it.

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
I used to perform this a lot.
Now im just lazy.
I usually just do a plant Card Thru Window now...
still gets an awesome reaction. haha
Theres also a DVD which teaches a Card Thru Table, with the exact same concept. The trick isnt the main thing on the DVD, but it was taught so I was kinda like "wtf". I forgot the name of the DVD. I remember the trailer had like... rain or something... and the actual effect of the Card Thru Window wasnt that good either, There was a lot of tissue and stuff involved.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
I used to perform this a lot.
Now im just lazy.
I usually just do a plant Card Thru Window now...
still gets an awesome reaction. haha
Theres also a DVD which teaches a Card Thru Table, with the exact same concept. The trick isnt the main thing on the DVD, but it was taught so I was kinda like "wtf". I forgot the name of the DVD. I remember the trailer had like... rain or something... and the actual effect of the Card Thru Window wasnt that good either, There was a lot of tissue and stuff involved.

*I think you're reffering to Liquid by Taylor Lewis.

As for KAOS...it has to be one of my favorite CTW around, since it is impromptu and all you need is a deck of cards and a regular window.

I perform it once in a while, but it has gotten me some crazy reactions.

Nov 18, 2008
CA
I am glad there are no bad experiences so far!

I don't think that necessarily matters. If people are smart, they're going to practice an effect until it's nearly flawless and will have used it enough to work out the kinks. I don't think NEVER screwing up a trick or having a spectator mess it up is a good thing. I've found that many of the regular effects I use have been influenced and changed based on what I notice from a performance. You learn from your mistakes and change the performance accordingly.

I have used Kaos in the past and have had great success with it. Packs small and definetly plays big.

Everyone screws up eventually.
Ever magician will flop a trick.
But why know this, when you can try your hardest to prevent it? See I know what you mean :D
The first time I ever did it, I was shaking.
I dont do it know,
I smile, and it goes away.
So some more advice.
Your the magician, you create the magic, everyone wants to see it, you have nothing to worry about.

Sep 1, 2007
*I think you're reffering to Liquid by Taylor Lewis.

As for KAOS...it has to be one of my favorite CTW around, since it is impromptu and all you need is a deck of cards and a regular window.

I perform it once in a while, but it has gotten me some crazy reactions.

Did you buy Liquid??

That's so surreal, I was the editor of that DVD, I never thought it would sell or anyone would like the concept of it. I did it for free, maybe I should have charged...

~Beans

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results