Kid’s Magic Suggestions

Jul 18, 2018
Well .. I am the worst kids magician on the planet but I have a special gig at the charity for special kids and yet I have no idea about what stuff should I go with. Your suggestions are welcome for kids magic !!

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
THE RULES

1. NEVER ACCEPT A GIG IF YOU DON'T HAVE A SHOW THAT IS WRITTEN, PRACTICED AND REHEARSED.
2. NEVER ACCEPT A GIG THAT IS OUTSIDE YOUR COMFORT ZONE AS A MAGICIAN
3. IF SOMEONE ASKS YOU TO DO A GIG, SEE RULES 1 AND 2.

That being said, to keep you from entirely embarrassing yourself and having a group of kids and adults think magic is awful, I'm willing to help you. There is a wide range in what you can perform within kids magic and much of it depends on the circumstances of the performance. So here are some questions that will help me help you:

1. When is the gig?
2. How long have you been doing magic?
3. How big is the audience?
4. What is the performing venue (auditorium, ball room with stage, hotel conference room, someone's house, etc.)
5. Is it for kids and parents / other adults or just kids?
6. What are the ages of the kids?
7. How are the kids special... be specific because developmental issues are different than physical challenges.
8. How long is the show expected to be?
9. What resources (DVDs, books, etc.) and props (linking rings, cups and balls, etc) do you have?
10. What is your budget for buying new resources and materials?
11. Describe your character in one sentence.
12. List the effects you most frequently perform.
13. List your three favorite movies and three favorite magicians.
14. Are you under 16, 16 to 18, 18 to 21 or over 21?

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2018
THE RULES

1. NEVER ACCEPT A GIG IF YOU DON'T HAVE A SHOW THAT IS WRITTEN, PRACTICED AND REHEARSED.
2. NEVER ACCEPT A GIG THAT IS OUTSIDE YOUR COMFORT ZONE AS A MAGICIAN
3. IF SOMEONE ASKS YOU TO DO A GIG, SEE RULES 1 AND 2.

That being said, to keep you from entirely embarrassing yourself and having a group of kids and adults think magic is awful, I'm willing to help you. There is a wide range in what you can perform within kids magic and much of it depends on the circumstances of the performance. So here are some questions that will help me help you:

1. When is the gig?
Ans - Next Week
2. How long have you been doing magic?
Ans - more than 6 months
3. How big is the audience?
Ans - 10 to 15 kids
4. What is the performing venue (auditorium, ball room with stage, hotel conference room, someone's house, etc.)
Ans - it’s a house
5. Is it for kids and parents / other adults or just kids?
Ans - kids & other adults
6. What are the ages of the kids?
Ans - age group 5 to 10
7. How are the kids special... be specific because developmental issues are different than physical challenges.
Ans - not physically challenge
8. How long is the show expected to be?
Ans - 30 mins to be expected
9. What resources (DVDs, books, etc.) and props (linking rings, cups and balls, etc) do you have?
Ans - I am a card magician to be specific and all the resources I have related to card magic itself
10. What is your budget for buying new resources and materials?
Ans - budget is not a issue
11. Describe your character in one sentence.
Ans - Gentle but mental.
12. List the effects you most frequently perform.
Ans - we’ll the list will be too big as it’s related to card effects and Mostly with the borrowed items
13. List your three favorite movies and three favorite magicians.
Ans - 1. Dynamo 2. David Blaine 3. Si Stebbins

14. Are you under 16, 16 to 18, 18 to 21 or over 21?
Ans - over 21

Hope those answers help

Oct 19, 2015
Very hard to offer feedback or suggestions without knowing more about you and the 'gig'.... One big question is what are the ages of the kids attending...

Reactions: Antonio Diavolo
Jul 18, 2018
Very hard to offer feedback or suggestions without knowing more about you and the 'gig'.... One big question is what are the ages of the kids attending...
Well I am just a regular guy just stepped into the world of magic I am 22 year old from India

Oct 19, 2015
OK....I am not a professional but over the last 4 years I have focused only on Magic for kids. As already mentioned, visuals are best! Except for that age group I would not use regular cards for any tricks as many would not get it. I have a deck of Picture Cards that sometimes I use, but even then you have to keep it simple....my best 'kids' tricks are...

Rope Tricks; cut and restored and Professors Nightmare
All Sponge Ball Routines...kids love them
Balloons and Needles
Cups and Balls and Chop Cup
Egg Bag
Vanishing Silk in a Glass
Loops levitation (Spider Thread)
Scotch and Soda Coin trick
Chinese Egg Mat
Chinese Sticks
Dragon Crystal Cylinder - Silk to Balls
Hippity Hop Rabbits
Milk Pitcher Routine - Funnel and Pump (Kids really love this one)

To name a few of my favorites in my routine...

Jul 18, 2018
OK....I am not a professional but over the last 4 years I have focused only on Magic for kids. As already mentioned, visuals are best! Except for that age group I would not use regular cards for any tricks as many would not get it. I have a deck of Picture Cards that sometimes I use, but even then you have to keep it simple....my best 'kids' tricks are...

Rope Tricks; cut and restored and Professors Nightmare
All Sponge Ball Routines...kids love them
Balloons and Needles
Cups and Balls and Chop Cup
Egg Bag
Vanishing Silk in a Glass
Loops levitation (Spider Thread)
Scotch and Soda Coin trick
Chinese Egg Mat
Chinese Sticks
Dragon Crystal Cylinder - Silk to Balls
Hippity Hop Rabbits
Milk Pitcher Routine - Funnel and Pump (Kids really love this one)

To name a few of my favorites in my routine...
Thanks for this routines .. visuals are the only go to’s here for that particular age group !!

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
At this point, you have to rely on effects that are easy to learn in a week. Here are some suggestions (many echoing what @Timewise64 suggested)

Needle through Baloon
Thumb Tip Blendo
Sponge Balls
Vanishing Drink (I can explain in a private conversation)
Magic Milk Picture
Magic Candy Maker.

Jul 18, 2018
At this point, you have to rely on effects that are easy to learn in a week. Here are some suggestions (many echoing what @Timewise suggested)

Needle through Baloon
Thumb Tip Blendo
Sponge Balls
Vanishing Drink (I can explain in a private conversation)
Magic Milk Picture
Magic Candy Maker.
That helps a lot thank you @RealityOne

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results