Kids Show Routine

Hey guys! I just put together a kids show routine, and i'll be performing a charity show at my local library with these effects. Tell me what you think of my routine (from beginning to end):

- Cups and Balls
- 3 shell game
- Kids Kards
- Money Paddle
- Rising Card
- Borrowed Dollar bill levitation (Loops)
- Pen Thru Dollar (using same dollar used with Loops)
- Sponge Balls

What do you guys think? I wasn't very happy with the routine taught with the money paddle, so I changed it up SLIGHTLY. Before I bring the paddle out, I have a card selected, and at the end of the money paddle routine, their card appears on the paddle instead of a dollar bill.

What do you think? Any help would be appreciated. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
I like your routine. I would personally start with sponge balls and end with the cups and balls. It would be nice for you to introduce yourself and say: "Hi guys, I am X and I am here to do some magic for you." approach a kid (birthday boy maybe?) and say: "and for my first trick i'm going to borrow this" and pull out the sponge ball or balls from behind the kid's ears. Then go into your routine (btw, balls is great, but if it is a girls birthday how about sponge bunnies?). Once you are performing, follow the sequence you have (maybe some other float first, then go into the bill, then the penetration). And finish with the cups and balls. Also, in your cups and balls routine try to end with something funny or absolutely unexpected. For example the last cup has a large lemon under it, or better yet, the last cup ends up with a ton of sponge balls under it, bringing your routine full circle as you say: "well, I guess I couldn't vanish those sponge balls after all."

Just some suggestions for ya :)

I like your routine. I would personally start with sponge balls and end with the cups and balls. It would be nice for you to introduce yourself and say: "Hi guys, I am X and I am here to do some magic for you." approach a kid (birthday boy maybe?) and say: "and for my first trick i'm going to borrow this" and pull out the sponge ball or balls from behind the kid's ears. Then go into your routine (btw, balls is great, but if it is a girls birthday how about sponge bunnies?). Once you are performing, follow the sequence you have (maybe some other float first, then go into the bill, then the penetration). And finish with the cups and balls. Also, in your cups and balls routine try to end with something funny or absolutely unexpected. For example the last cup has a large lemon under it, or better yet, the last cup ends up with a ton of sponge balls under it, bringing your routine full circle as you say: "well, I guess I couldn't vanish those sponge balls after all."

Just some suggestions for ya :)

Those are awesome ideas, but I wanted to start with the cups and balls as a warm up. Sponge balls will probably be the effect that gets the biggest "wow"s, which is why I want to end with that. But everything else you had was awesome. I'm off to find some sponge bunnies.:D

Sep 1, 2007
hey man no problem, let me know after you do your show how it came out! There are some good bunnies around, they have large bunnies and baby bunnies (everyone knows how quickly them bunnies multiply) and there are different colored one's.

S

sidrohc

If you have a TT I would use that.. It always gets great reactions from kids.

Happy Magic!
Chris

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results