Knife + Hand

Aug 31, 2007
interwebz
knife+hand

Exactly one year ago today, I saw a video called "The Knife Game" on YouTube. With the teenage mindset I automatically assumed that I could do it better, so I attempted to film myself doing this stunt. I stabbed myself in the finger and required 5 stitches. I haven't tried to repeat it again until today...one year later.

Please...everyone who reads this, don't make the same mistake that I made. DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME! PLEASE! For my sake along with T11's please don't try this! If you are mature enough not to do it, please enjoy the video!

knife+hand

-Brad

PS: I have permission to post this from a mod, for those who are wondering.

Aug 31, 2007
interwebz
I think that u should credit DM here is the link... I wanna try it :p, maybe with a plastic knife :p

I will probably credit him if I do it blind-folded, but I got my inspiration before he even put up his video, so I should probably credit that video, but that video has no warning at the beginning of it...so I didn't feel comfortable posting the link to it.

And please don't try it.
-Brad

Oct 19, 2007
first of yes never do this unless u have a VERY VERY good memory i have a photographic memory so i can do this in my sleep and u need to do it a little faster in my opinion lolol jk but if i were u try doing this with a pencil at first then work ur way up to a knife

Aug 31, 2007
interwebz
first of yes never do this unless u have a VERY VERY good memory i have a photographic memory so i can do this in my sleep and u need to do it a little faster in my opinion lolol jk but if i were u try doing this with a pencil at first then work ur way up to a knife

I too have a photographic memory, that is one of the reasons I started magic. I please don't give advice on how to do this, we don't want others trying to do it.

Theory 11 wants to avoid a lawsuit.

-Brad

PS: I have indeed tried a pencil, you always end up crushing the point and making a mess.........

Oct 18, 2007
I've been practicing this myself for a few months now. For me it's all about muscle memory, just as I picked up juggling I'm hoping the same thing can apply here. So far it's been pretty good, haven't brought myself up to doing it blind though. I can get pretty fast with a knife, and I never hesitate when I'm doing it with a sharp object because the moment you do, that's when you mess up and end up hurt. =/

I have 3 patterns I follow and whatnot to help, but you need a really steady hand and good grip. I find going from finger to finger is the hardest, for me hopping all over the place is easier. Also the thing that's bad about practicing with a pencil and then moving up to a knife is you don't get a feel for the weight, and the width of the blade messes with your mind.

D

Deleted member 2755

I too have a photographic memory, that is one of the reasons I started magic. I please don't give advice on how to do this, we don't want others trying to do it.

Theory 11 wants to avoid a lawsuit.

-Brad

PS: I have indeed tried a pencil, you always end up crushing the point and making a mess.........

Use the eraser side.;)

Haha good job. I would never do that! However, you made me want to do this with an object that isn't sharp. I'll do this a bit with a pencil with an eraser. I wouldn't ever do do this with a knife because I don't feel like losing my hand. :)

-Doug

Aug 31, 2007
Photographic memory doesn't allow you to do this automatically. Just because you can perfectly visualize a bulls-eye target doesn't mean you can shoot it in the center with a gun. Your actions with your hands would be muscle memory (knowing the exact distance each time to move the knife).

Just thought that should be cleared up for everyone that thinks they have photographic memory.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results