Knockoff...?

Sep 4, 2007
This site seems great! But it also seems alot like a certain other site that's been around for quite sometime. In fact, several of the magicians in charge of theory11 have sold their teaching products on this other magic network. The owner of this other network is the teacher of several famous videos named after ancient Japanese stealth warriors. Come to think of it, several of the effects sold here on theory11 seem an awful lot like ones sold on this other magic network. But maybe it's just me and my silly observations! ;)

Sep 2, 2007
stfu. Theory11 is way better than "E"llusionist. Why come to t11 if your going to insult.

Are you comparing Indecent to Lee Asher's effect ?
Lee was not making a knock off of that.
You dont even know how long Lee had that affect.

Lee asher performed magic longer than wayne houchin and if it were a "knockoff" why would Wayne allow it.

Everyone in theory 11 has been performing for at least 10 years, why don't you tell me 10 popular people Who Work for "E"llusionist that have 10 years expirence?

Just go back to "E"llusionist.

Sep 4, 2007
stfu. Theory11 is way better than "E"llusionist. Why come to t11 if your going to insult.

Are you comparing Indecent to Lee Asher's effect ?
Lee was not making a knock off of that.
You dont even know how long Lee had that affect.

Lee asher performed magic longer than wayne houchin and if it were a "knockoff" why would Wayne allow it.

Everyone in theory 11 has been performing for at least 10 years, why don't you tell me 10 popular people Who Work for "E"llusionist that have 10 years expirence?

Just go back to "E"llusionist.

Ummm,

JB, Wayne, Kenner, Houchin, Hocking...don't know about Raiker. Don't know about Bueno since he actually worked for E as a brand consultant. They all worked for E until recently and have years of experience (course, that has changed). Let's see, Brad, myself, Schuh, Kronos also have at least or more of that much experience. Somewhere between 20 to 40 years for each of us.

Guess I am not sure what you were getting at here.

RJ

Sep 2, 2007
Although McDonald's and Burger King both sell fast food, burgers, fries, drinks ... it doesn't mean that one is a "knockoff" of the other. They sell different variations of that food, have different menus, and though the menu may contain a chicken sandwich, one has a spicy chicken sandwich, while the other has a crispy chicken sandwich - the difference may not seem great, but the variance in taste is.

The same applies to Theory 11 and Ellusionist, and all other magic sites.

Cheers,
JTM

Aug 31, 2007
California
Who cares?

Honestly.

They are both magic websites and forums, in the works to make our art better. To teach. Who cares if they look alike? They both have good magicians on both ends, some have more experience, some have less.

Let's try to focus on the magic and less on the competition eh?

Ok.

Keenan

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
Although McDonald's and Burger King both sell fast food, burgers, fries, drinks ... it doesn't mean that one is a "knockoff" of the other. They sell different variations of that food, have different menus, though the menu may contain a chicken sandwich, one has a spicy chicken sandwich, while the other has a crispy chicken sandwich - the different may not seem great, but the variance in taste is.

The same applies to Theory 11 and Ellusionist, and all other magic sites.

Cheers,
JTM

Dude,

You're making me hungry, enough with talk of such delectable items such as the awe inspiring chicken sandwich. Just kidding!

Anyway, I agree with you. There is no knock off here. Just variation. There really is no need to compare and contrast between all of the magic sites. All in all, we are a brotherhood (not the creepy cult kind) and should come together instead of segregate.

We all have the same intentions. To become the very best magicians that we can be.

Shane K.

It would be very nice if people actually searched about something before making a new thread about it.

Some of the administrators have already spoken about this as you are not the first to be concerned by it.

Search around a little, find the posts, and then all of your questions will be answered.

Please however do not come onto a forum just to bash it without researching first.

~Magically Dave

Sep 4, 2007
Whoa.

I totally agree with all of you, and I'm not trying to bash this site! I was honest when I said it looks great! I was just making the observation that this site seemed an awful lot like E, and that my expectations are incredibly high for a site that resembles another. Jack the Magician put in a great way when he used the chicken sandwich analogy. The point I was trying to make was that there are alot of magic sites out there that made the same promises that theory11 is making, and many of them are about retail, not quality. They carry alot of magic tools, and many of them aren't used anymore, or just aren't good. Since theory11 is led by so many outstanding magicians, and the site seems quite similar to E, I hope it just doesn't turn into a carbon copy! As for it being better than E, that's not what I'm saying, and I hardly think theory11 is better at its early stages. Hopefully they'll add a new dimension to our magic!

If we're going to try and take magic to the next level then why can't we take the first step and realize that everyone is trying to make there way to that next level and stop fighting each other. I know most of us here have Ellusionist brand items... And soon all of us will have Theory 11 brand items. We're a big family. We just work differently then other parts. So lets get started on advancing, rather than sitting here squabbling.

You mean they all worked WITH E.

Good point there, I just wish the people who come here can realize that most magic websites hmm, sell magic? People say it "looks like E because it sells stuff similar blah blah blah." It doesn't mean it's the same same as the other site. It sells effects which are different from E, the only thing that's about the same is that their forums are laid out the same way. I don't think this looks like E at all, just the forum is the same but many sites use this type of forum. I don't really see how people could judge a site because they sell magic like another site.

-RA69

Sep 4, 2007
You mean they all worked WITH E.

No, actually, I am quite capable of discerning the semantical difference between the words "with" and "for". They worked collegially (with) for (received monies from) Ellusionist.

I am not downing them, so please do not feel the need to rush to their defense. Good guys, I should know.

RJ

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results