KR Playing Cards?

I was in a shop and noticed a deck of KR Playing cards in a nice black box.
Now, I've never heard of these cards before, and I know a fair few, so I was surprised that the pricetag on these said $100!

Has anyone heard of these, or know why they're so expensive?

Jun 9, 2008
I think you are I know what ur talking about...

I think you are talking about KEM cards. They are a very high end playing card. They are mostly used in poker. Made of 100% plastic if memory serves me correctly. The reason they are so expensive is that they almost never lose their shape. Bottom line is that they are good for poker not for magic. They aren't air cushioned like bikes or tallys so they don't slide as well. Hope that helps.

Nov 23, 2007
NC
Kem cards are highly regarded in the poker community due to
security reasons. Because they are 100% plastic the are almost
impossible to mark, crimp, or dent.

As stated above they are not good to use for magic and to be
honest I dont like them for poker either but they do keep the
some aspects of cheating away. More info here.

Jun 15, 2009
KR cards

Perhaps I can shed some light on this issue. I assume the KR box resembles a bee playing card box? In my card collection I have a deck of KR playing cards from Hong Kong. They are a bee knock off deck featuring the bee diamond back and all of bee's standard artwork with 2 exceptions. The ace of spades has two bees and a flower in the middle of the spade instead of the honey comb swarming with bees. The rest of the ace is completely the same a real "Bee" ace and it still says consolidated dougherty. The jokers have been redraw - still a guy riding a bee, just different. They are thicker cards, some kind of paper with thick laminate and they have dimples, as if the manufacturer tried to reproduce the air cushion finish on bikes. They handle quite poorly though. I assume the high price is due to the fact that the seller knows of the collectible value to card collectors. Hope this helps.

- mav

Dec 30, 2008
Yo momma's so fat she's on the edge of both of your seats!! HI-OH!!! :D

But really I want to know about these cards.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results