Learning classic cuts indirectly.

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
So I'm in the awkward position of not knowing a lot of "classic" cuts, such as Dan's and Dave's material. I don't want to illegally download the System or Trilogy, and I dislike learning from YouTube channels that poorly teach these cuts.

I've found that some moves repurpose ideas from these moves. A great example is Split by Derek Ng, which is part of his Trinity download on the wire. The cut uses some Madonna-based motions, and it's a good "mechanical" cut.

My question for you all is this: What are some original cuts that use movements from these classic cuts? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Nov 9, 2013
Well Vortex (sold on the Dan and Dave website) is advertised as using a lot of these so-called "classic cuts". However, it is also advertised as not teaching said moves and just assuming that you know them.

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
I've looked at Vortex, but that's pretty advanced stuff right there. I am mainly looking for free tutorials, since I'd shell out for the System or Trilogy if I could. I found some good stuff from the Cuso, but most of it does assume you know the moves as well. Bummer.

Apr 25, 2014
St. Louis
Papercuts has a lot of molecule and sybil movements/grabs/cuts and teaches them well. The flourishes feel really good once you get them down. check that out. There is an app for it also where you can just by the specific moves you want.

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
Like I said, I would invest more in material if I wasn't so low on money. Being in college is rough. Though it's interesting you say that––from what I can remember, the Papercuts moves seemed awkward and unnatural. I'll have to take a second look.

I do have the Aviv app and love it. Great idea on the Bucks' part to make apps.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results