Learnt my 1st trick :)

Jun 23, 2008
so last night i finally popped my magic cherry and learnt my first trick :) I learnt Dee Christophers 'Quicksilver' which is a spoon bending routine WITH 2 SPOONS. I just preformed it to my parents and they were amazed!! so i do feel a little bit proud and i've totally been bitten and want to learn more :D *YEY*:D

Jun 24, 2008
Harrisonburg, VA
Awesome :D Congratz. Do you know what kind of magic you're interested in? Cards, Coins, Mentalism, etc...

If it's cards I have a few suggestions as far as dvd's and books.

Sep 21, 2008
Good stuff. Keep it up and remember practice, practice, practice.

I've been doing magic for 9 months now and already done a wedding, 3 private parties and have 2 bars wanting to hire me.

Just keep on learning. I practice about 30 hours a week (on top of my full time job) and always try to have different things (spouge, coin, metal, card, mentalism)

Keep at it and have fun with it. When you are having fun doing it, they have fun watching it.

Welcome! I am a bit new myself but the 1 thing of advice i have is learn your tricks well take it slow and perfect a trick before moving on. You can learn a few at a time. Just do not overload yourself with tricks and perform poorly. Like they say quality over quantity. Keep up the magic and Welcome again! :)

p.s please don't get me wrong you should explore with different types of magic just don't overload urself good luck!!!

D

Deleted member 2755

Haha guys, I don't think she is really doing magic hardcore as a hobby. She's just dating a magician. (Dee Christopher- The Criss Angel of the UK) (Yes Dee, that is your new title... well from me anyway... until you tell me to stop. ;)) So... I believe any person dating a magician is required to learn at least 3 effects. It's in the magicians code. You can pick up the 776th edition of the code at your local magic shop. Yes.... This was my failed attempt at being funny. Why am I posting it? I don't know myself to be honest.

-Doug

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
Haha, Yeah, we spent a few hours going thru QuickSilver on Saturday night... Yes - We are that lame that we sit at home on a Saturday night and play with spoons...

What did we do Friday night? We bought spoons...

It's just as well we look cool in photo's and on tape, huh?:p

We'll shoot a snippet of Lola's QuickSilver next week perhaps while we're in Paris :)

Cheers,

D. (The Criss Angel of the UK :p)

Sep 16, 2007
Kent, WA state
no no no
if someone says 'what did you do last night' simply say 'we spooned'. And leave it at that!

And to Mischief... i didn't know it was possible to do SPOUGE magic, hahah. Classic typo.

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
Lol No, I don't think we need to go into that side of our relationship ZP31 - This is a magic forum, it's not all that on topic or necessary in my opinion.

Either way, we'll get a performance of Lola's QuickSilver sorted over the next few days, Keep the ol' eyes peeled...

D.

Good for you. Just keep practicing and get really good then start to learn new stuff. Don't go crazy and learn like 500 tricks okay. Learn 3 tricks inside and out. But, anyway, great job.

I would love to have a girls opinion in this weeks debate. Check for "The Weekly Debate: Question #9..."

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
You're beyond saying a joking smartass comment. God you're soo cool.

I'm not going to open up an argument, but to be quite frank, who are you to question whether or not I'm immature enough to throw around comments like that in conversation - It wasn't a 'smartass joking comment' in the first place:

"No, I don't think we need to go into that side of our relationship ZP31 - This is a magic forum, it's not all that on topic or necessary in my opinion."

As I said, the talk of one's sex life is not for the forums.

Oh, and I am 'soo cool' have you not not heard my accent?:p

I don't mean to come across mean, but comments like that are so childish that they burn my eyes...and my pixie heart!

Haha, and David - I shall teach her the NIPslip later on today!

Respec'

D.

Sep 16, 2007
Kent, WA state
A sarcastic sense of humor is hardly childish. And I could care less if you 'come across as mean'. This is a forum of people i'll never meet, nor care to meet. So be as mean as you want, i won't lose sleep over it.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Come on guys, play nice.

Look, I have a sarcastic sense of humour, but you gotta understand, when the two members of one couple are on the same forum, they don't want somebody who (as you point out) doesn't know, nor will ever meet them, commenting on the more personal sides of the relationship.

I know Dee very well, and he has a wicked sense of humour, I totally and completely understand why he reacted the way he did, but theres no need to press on...

CL

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results